HJ60 Radiator Replacement Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys,

What's the best radiator replacement options for a 87 HJ60? I've tried searching and found some threads where some have used a FJ62 radiator and have a radiator shop change the inlets/outlets. As much as I would prefer a plug n play scenario, I was thinking of going this route but then I saw Beno's post from last year that the FJ62 radiators were discontinued from Toyota.

Any solid aftermarket options out there? I don't think Koyo makes one that would fit, nor could I find any mention of the CSF radiator (part #2709) for the FJ62 here in the diesel section at all. I've tried looking on eBay AU for HJ60 2H radiators but couldn't tell which ones were or were not made in China, and didn't know if mine being LHD from Canada would be an issue.

Thanks,
John

There is a lot of parts coming from China that are as good as any,radiators included.
I bought a Taiwanese made radiator for a 1HZ and it was top quality and as good as anything from Japan.
I think all those ones on AU ebay will be chinese and I have yet to hear any complaints about them.
Much of these parts are made to a spec originating in another country,if the Chinese factories dont stick to the specs they dont get any more orders.
LHD will not be an issue

Hi Rosco,

I was hoping that as well. However, I saw Jan's post here:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/diesel-tech-24-volts-systems/255452-radiator-questions.html

and would rather rule out potential headaches even if I paid a little more initially

Weird conicidence,but the shop I got my radiator from said some of the 1st batch they had got from Taiwan had burst along a seam so they started using a thicker weld after that ,but that was long before Jan's post.

Apparently the early Japanese ones on some models split in the same place,I think it may have been the 80 series.

All the replacement radiators in oz are probably Chinese these days and Im not seeing the same stories here and many owners live in Texas like temps.

The problem is you cant pay a just little more,you either pay $350 or $700+

In regards to the LHD/RHD issue ,I still cant see why it would be a problem. I had a look on Toyodiy and all markets are using the same radiator regardless of LHD/RHD.

I'm not sure if you are going aftermarket to save money, but the 2H radiator is still available OEM from Toyota dealerships in Canada. About $700 if I recall.

I'm not sure if you are going aftermarket to save money, but the 2H radiator is still available OEM from Toyota dealerships in Canada. About $700 if I recall.

Really? How recent was this and do you have the dealership that you spoke to?

The radiator in my HJ60 was replaced at Metro Toyota in Victoria at the end of January 2011. So the part was available then. Looking at the invoice, the part # is 16400-68160, cost $777.30. Total price with new hoses, coolant, and labor was $1420 before tax. Glad this was done before I bought the truck.

The radiator in my HJ60 was replaced at Metro Toyota in Victoria at the end of January 2011. So the part was available then. Looking at the invoice, the part # is 16400-68160, cost $777.30. Total price with new hoses, coolant, and labor was $1420 before tax. Glad this was done before I bought the truck.

Called Metro Toyota, they said its discontinued.

I got an alluminium one on ebay oz shipped to my door for $380.
They are still advertised,great service and radiator is good quality.
Chinese? Yep but a nice item.
$700 for a oem radiator!!

And it wouldnt surprise me if Toyota are getting their replacement radiators made in China as well

which one did you get? you got a link from the ebay seller?

Being an automatic transmission, you better go with this one (trans. radiator at the bottom, but radiator cap on the other side) from the same seller: 64MM aluminum radiator TOYOTA LANDCRUISER 60 SERIES FJ60 FJ61 FJ62 3F AUTO | eBay

Was thinking the same thing Gabe. Have a message out to the seller though to confirm. I'd prefer not to take it to a radiator shop to do any tweaking if possible.

Found the regular brass one as well.
BRAND NEW RADIATOR 2H HJ60 HJ61 HJ62 LANDCRUISER AUTO | eBay

RADIATOR TOYOTA LANDCRUISER 80-90 HJ60 2H DIESEL AUTO | eBay

Was thinking the same thing Gabe. Have a message out to the seller though to confirm. I'd prefer not to take it to a radiator shop to do any tweaking if possible.

Found the regular brass one as well.
BRAND NEW RADIATOR 2H HJ60 HJ61 HJ62 LANDCRUISER AUTO | eBay

RADIATOR TOYOTA LANDCRUISER 80-90 HJ60 2H DIESEL AUTO | eBay

You can get them cheaper than that,not sure if there is any difference in quality
TOYOTA LANDCRUISER RADIATOR MANUAL HJ60 HJ61 HJ62 4 ROW | eBay

I think shipping is about $150 airmail

On the iPhone right now but didn't find anything around this price for an Auto. Will try to check tonight

Forgive me,I missed the auto bit. A $100+ is a big step up from a man to auto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom