HJ47/HJ45/FJ45 Troopy registry (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Get to know awl_TEQ (Kevin) in Calgary if you don't already.

We both live in Canada, so I can see his house from here.:p

73fj said:
We both live in Canada, so I can see his house from here.:p

But do you know Red Green? Heck, you're Canadian; you're probably related to him :)

Last edited:
Click on the first page for complete list

HJ45 046727, sorry for my belated response. A 1980 w/ H diesel,in AZ.

OK, you're on. Sorry for the delay on my end - crazy week and too many honey-dos this weekend.

Click on First Page of This Thread for Complete List

OK, I know of a few troopies which have changed hands (changes noted on the first page of this thread) and I know of two more Aussie troopies and maybe one Chilean troopy (not to mention some Chilean FJ43s...) which have recently landed on our fine, four wheeling shores. is anyone familiar with who has these rigs? If so, please let them know about this Registry. Thanks!

Keeping the Registry on the first page.

Trying to keep this on the first page of the 45 section. Any new troopies out there? I know of two but can't find their VINs. i will only post ones with VINs to avoid duplicates.

I spotted a troopy in Crested Butte (along with 11 other 40 series) and updated the registry with location. It was a super clean rig and looked right at home at 8,800'.

Just trying to keep this on the first page of the 45 section. Any other troopies saved from Australia and running around our fine, high altitude and heavenly wheeling shores?

Bump. Any new troopies or MWB rigs in North America? I know of at least one but don't know the VIN so won't post it.

Bump. I know of two more troopies in the US but don't have the vin. Both are on the LEast Coast. Anyone?

Josh, just realized my hj47 is not on the list, the vin is hj47027886 as you know i have bucks tub but the frame is an hj47, not sure if it was a pick up or not. It seems to fall right in between your red pickup section? The body mounts are all correct for a troopy tub? Were they the same as utes? I have been chipping away on the rig, hope to have it running early next year!

whitey45 said:
Josh, just realized my hj47 is not on the list, the vin is hj47027886 as you know i have bucks tub but the frame is an hj47, not sure if it was a pick up or not. It seems to fall right in between your red pickup section? The body mounts are all correct for a troopy tub? Were they the same as utes? I have been chipping away on the rig, hope to have it running early next year!

Thanks Whitey, it's on. Yes, glad you have buck's tub. I bought that truck in Australia. It has an interesting story if you ever want to hear it.

If you're frame has slots for tail lights then it's s troopy. As far as I know, Toyota never made a vin distinction between troopies and pickups. In Australia I had a mate with a Ute which was about 80 away from my troopy and was also a 4/84 production.

I just noticed that this thread has 91,000 views and the FJ45 Registry (which is a sticky) has 98,000. 91,000 seems pretty good by comparison given this one is not even a sticky. If you hear of/see any troopies though, please tell them about this thread as I'd like to keep it updated and it is not always at the front page of the 45 section.

Last edited:
Josh,

Check the FJ45 Registry thread for new posts. I think people are posting there instead of here and that list has not been updated since 2007! I know for sure of one case where this has happened.

I think that if someone posts there and it belongs on this list you should be able to take the info and put it here. Maybe PM them before or after...

It does have taillight slots,and the rear holes in the top of the frame for the rear body mounts! Bucks tub turned out to be great with pretty much no real rust to speak of.I might start a build thread,its converted to left hand drive and it is not your normal troopy!!:hmm:

whitey45 said:
It does have taillight slots,and the rear holes in the top of the frame for the rear body mounts! Bucks tub turned out to be great with pretty much no real rust to speak of.I might start a build thread,its converted to left hand drive and it is not your normal troopy!!:hmm:

It was a super clean troopy. The guy I bought it from was a puppeteer and carried his travelling show in it all over Australia. It was from South Australia-I spotted it at a petrol station in Blackwood and bought it two years later. I drove beautifully. Shame buck list interest in finishing his.

How did you covert her to LHD?

HoffLarr said:
Josh,

Check the FJ45 Registry thread for new posts. I think people are posting there instead of here and that list has not been updated since 2007! I know for sure of one case where this has happened.

I think that if someone posts there and it belongs on this list you should be able to take the info and put it here. Maybe PM them before or after...

Well, that one's a sticky. That's why I'm always trying to bump this as folks are posting them there but then they get lost.

Bump for more troopies

Another troopy from Honduras, now living in sunny California has been added. Any more?

Man, that's a nice Arkana. Shame about the engine. Looks like one in Adelaide, same colour. I wonder if it made it to the Apple Isle and then karked it?

I was trying to make the plates but unsure about tassie plates. I agree its a nice looking truck with out a close inspection who knows whats it like under the paint bog wise.

ozcrusier said:
I was trying to make the plates but unsure about tassie plates. I agree its a nice looking truck with out a close inspection who knows whats it like under the paint bog wise.

Yes, they look like either WA or nsw, not Tassie. I hadn't noticed that on my phone. Would be a treat to take that aerodynamic, H-equipped machine across the Nulabor....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom