High Output Alternator For KZJ78 in USA (1 Viewer)

Hi everyone , new to the forum Just purchased a kzj78 few weeks ago. Located in NY
I need to source a high output Alternator Here in the states.
Ive been looking and can only find them in AUS and 1. The alternators i have found dont specify the fitment on a KZJ78, but they are for a 1kzte so i thnk they should work , can someone confirm that for me please.
2. I dont think they are shipping to US at the moment.
(Wont let me put in my adress)

See link below.

You may need to email or call and ask about shipping to the US. I had to email them to get proper billing with shipping to the US when I ordered a alternator from down under

There may be a higher output unit from another Toyota application that will bolt up... factory Denso is best, IME. How much amperage do you need?
Yea thats what i would like to know if maybe i have other options other then shipping from australia ...
also i need more amperage since i want to add more music and run dual battery and i can tell that the oem one is just not enough..for example when i hit the switch for my windows all the lights dimmer because of the current its drawing and i want to add more music like i said before so deffinately needed plus the LED bar i added

Indestructible 47

SILVER Star
Yea thats what i would like to know if maybe i have other options other then shipping from australia ...
also i need more amperage since i want to add more music and run dual battery and i can tell that the oem one is just not enough..for example when i hit the switch for my windows all the lights dimmer because of the current its drawing and i want to add more music like i said before so deffinately needed plus the LED bar i added
The LED light bar is not going to draw much. From what you have described, the current alternator sounds like it isn't working as it should. Dual battery set-ups don't warrant the use of a higher out put alternator. To give you an idea I am running the stock alternator with:

Sound system
Dual batteries
60L engle fridge
Fyrlyt nemesis 9000s (500 watt halogens)
ARB twin v air compressor

I have not had an issue with the stock one. As Onur stated above, high output alternators don't get close to their advertised rating.

I would first check the general health of the electrical system. Lights shouldn't dim when you use the power windows. That to me means you have other issues. Double check your main power and ground wires, and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom