High Output Alternator 2001 LX 470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have any suggestions on which high output alternator that I should get for my 2001 LX 470.

I want something 200a+, that will last for awhile and easily installs.

Thanks!

I have a DC Power Engineering 180A. It wasn't plug and play. The connector on it was a vertical orientation and the factory mounting interfered. the OEM has a horizontal plug. I contacted DC and they offered to install a horizontal plug (shipping back and forth at there expense) or send me one I could install. I choose the install myself. After the plug swap it was all good. I used 1/0 cable back to the Battery.

Expensive item - customer service was good with my issue.

@RobRed Is the pulley diameter the same as OEM?. In other words can the OEM serpentine belt be used with the DC Power? (length wise)

Last edited:
@RobRed Is the pulley diameter the same as OEM?. In other words can the OEM serpentine belt be used with the DC Power? (length wise)

OEM belt... the DC pully is slightly smaller by eye.

OEM vs DC.jpg

Quick thread bump

@RobRed still happy with your DC power alternator? Thinking of pulling the trigger on one. Need something plug and play as likely my mechanic will have to fit it and they hate anything vaguely different looking, I am hoping dc power has changed their design since you had issues

I have been eyeing M2K's line of high output alternators online and was wondering if anyone here is running one? According to their website they are made with Denso components and feature a stock fitment despite a larger housing. Their stated output at idle speeds look great and the units come with a 2 year warranty. Toyota 2UZ-FE Alternators | High Output Alternators by M2K

I read where @Bomar went with a 170 amp Mechman alternator that uses the same OEM length belt and is supposed to run cooler. Although I don't see it listed online for the 100 Series, Tundra, Sequoia or 4Runner and only 230-240 Amps are shown. It would be good if anyone who has run any of these could chime in on how they have performed and held up. High Output Alternators - Toyota - Land Cruiser - 4.7L - Mechman Alternators

I have been eyeing M2K's line of high output alternators online and was wondering if anyone here is running one? According to their website they are made with Denso components and feature a stock fitment despite a larger housing. Their stated output at idle speeds look great and the units come with a 2 year warranty. Toyota 2UZ-FE Alternators | High Output Alternators by M2K

I read where @Bomar went with a 170 amp Mechman alternator that uses the same OEM length belt and is supposed to run cooler. Although I don't see it listed online for the 100 Series, Tundra, Sequoia or 4Runner and only 230-240 Amps are shown. It would be good if anyone who has run any of these could chime in on how they have performed and held up. High Output Alternators - Toyota - Land Cruiser - 4.7L - Mechman Alternators
Any idea on the prices of the M2k ones?

I'm thinking that they are priced pretty steep.

@RFB had a 270 amp for an 80 series for sale in the parts forum. He said he paid $900 total but would sell for $550 including shipping. At that price point I can understand why they don't list any prices online.

For Sale - Brand new 270amp alternator fzj80 drect fitment.

I have been running a 175amp from Mechman and it was plug and play. They use Denso case and built it from there.

It has been great to run close to 14V most of time to recharge both batteries and a faster rate. I upgraded all my wires to 0/1 gauge.

Installed it and went on a 3K mile trip a few days later.

Have had on for months now and zero issues. Also US made in Knoxville TN.

175amp uses OE belt......the 240amp you have to use a shorter belt.

$361 to the door

Thanks. The 175 Amp unit seems to have a very reasonable price as well.

Last edited:
I recall a website that sold various amperage alternators when I was looking for mine. There was one vendor who offered different diode / rectifier backpacks that allowed fits to different models. These rectifiers / diodes packs were the only difference between the basic alternator, for a pretty penny (pricey). But certainly not as pricey as the quotes for "high-output" alternators mentioned in previous posts. I went with dbelectrical.com. 1 year warranty on NEW Denso alternator - $116. Runs great. And have also bought Denso starters and alternators for lexus sedans - ls400 95, 98 ls400, 99 ls400..... still going strong after 3 years

I went with dbelectrical.com
Looks like a good option for those looking for a stock replacement, no high output options that I could see on their site

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom