High Oil Pressure (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2002 100 series, 282k miles. Oil pressure is stuck on high. I changed the oil pressure sensor, the one down at the oil filter, and no change. Anyone else ever seen this. Everything I see is about low oil pressure and the above always fixes it…. Thanks in advance guys.

When you turn the car off does the needle go down? When is the last time an oil change was performed? Might want to follow the FSM procedure to put a dial gauge on the system to see what it is actually operating at. There is a specified range considered acceptable.

There’s troubleshooting steps in the body electrical section of the FSM. A short to ground would cause always high.

When you turn the car off does the needle go down? When is the last time an oil change was performed? Might want to follow the FSM procedure to put a dial gauge on the system to see what it is actually operating at. There is a specified range considered acceptable.
Doesn’t move ever, car on or off, idle or full,throttle. Old oil or new oil change, does not matter.

sounds like a bad oil pressure sensor ? I wonder if there is a test you can do with a multimeter on the sending unit ?

With key off, the needles should drop. The signal is coming in the form of negative, so even with key off which you cut the power side, if the needle is not moving, the could it be a stuck needle? How did it reached H at the first place? and then it got stuck.

Thanks for the replies. I’m not great with electrical trouble shooting so I may need to brush up on that. As far how it happened, I was not driving it at the time so I’m not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom