Hi from noob... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello to everybody from long time lurker, newly registered member. I don't have an 80 yet but I'm in a highly motivated search for one. A slightly modified 86 4runner was my previous Toy but with 2 kids it just wasn't enough anymore. It is sorely missed but I know I'm really going to enjoy the LC with the family even more.

Thanks in advance for all of the helpful advice I know I will get on here!

Welcome aboard! FWIW - I found my FJ80 on Craigslist. When I was searching, I would get different results by varying the wording or using different search terms. Landcruiser vs. land cruiser, try Toyota Landcruiser, FJ80, FZJ80, LX450, to get the largest range of results. If you're on FB, joining a local group of Toyota enthusiasts is a good way to find things as well.

Good luck with your search!

Welcome aboard. I'm pretty new here myself. The other members are a great source of info. Be patient in you search. I think the "e" lockers are over rated because ARB air lockers exits. The e lockers can be stubborn and bad news if you break a front axle shaft. Just my 2 cents. On the other hand many sellers have no idea what they are so you end up getting lockers free basically.

Thanks for the warm welcome and the good advice! I'm definitely searching CL for my new love. (That could be taken a few different ways) It's becoming a little tiring because they don't pop up everyday. However, I know that if I stay patient I'll find the right one.

Welcome aboard! FWIW - I found my FJ80 on Craigslist. When I was searching, I would get different results by varying the wording or using different search terms. Landcruiser vs. land cruiser, try Toyota Landcruiser, FJ80, FZJ80, LX450, to get the largest range of results. If you're on FB, joining a local group of Toyota enthusiasts is a good way to find things as well.

Good luck with your search!
Thanks for the tip! I didn't think about using FB as a source.

Welcome
We found our 80 on CL. The guy had listed it a couple times before but had it way overpriced. He was doing the right thing in deleting his listing before re-posting it so unless you were really watching the listings, it would seem like a new pop and not one that was not moving. When I met him to see the 80 and we began to negotiate I made the point that he had it listed for nearly 45 days...his response was "How did you know that?".

Bottom line, if your in the search, keep track of the ones you see and think are potential but over priced...they just might pop up as "Newly listed today" but you know its getting stale and that means big bargaining chip in your pocket.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom