HELP with sensor and wire PLEASE. . SOLVED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No, other than that gauge it affects nothing.
Except that it's directly above the harness connector for the NSS, which is the input for the transmission indicator in the instrument cluster. I had coolant from the lower hose (the short one that couples the hardline to the block) spray all over that connector last year and it's taken me until last month to get it clean and working properly again. Two cans of plastic safe connector cleaner and several replacement terminals later, I now have working dash lights again, including D.

Except that it's directly above the harness connector for the NSS, which is the input for the transmission indicator in the instrument cluster. I had coolant from the lower hose (the short one that couples the hardline to the block) spray all over that connector last year and it's taken me until last month to get it clean and working properly again. Two cans of plastic safe connector cleaner and several replacement terminals later, I now have working dash lights again, including D.
I think the OP and I were still discussing the 1-wire sensor at the front of the head that runs the temp gauge and the effects of it being unplugged. I definitely wasn’t referring to the PHH.

Thank you all for your input. Bought new sensor and plug from dealership. Installed sensor today and jerry rigged the wire to get a temp reading until the plug comes Tuesday.

Hey guys don't mean to hijack but I'm at a loss went to replace coolant temp sensor and suprise .., it's not where it says it ment to be where its suppose to be there are two bolts.
So from front of motor you have a sensor for the gauge the a space where ima assume the ect sensor went then the se sor with the vac lines, followed by a knock sensor then further to the firewall the last knock sensor any idea fellas my truck is a Australian one so no egr pre 96 mine is a 83 1fz-fe has it been relocated or bypassed my car runs horribly on LPG oh yes its dual fuel

Hey guys don't mean to hijack but I'm at a loss went to replace coolant temp sensor and suprise .., it's not where it says it ment to be where its suppose to be there are two bolts.
So from front of motor you have a sensor for the gauge the a space where ima assume the ect sensor went then the se sor with the vac lines, followed by a knock sensor then further to the firewall the last knock sensor any idea fellas my truck is a Australian one so no egr pre 96 mine is a 83 1fz-fe has it been relocated or bypassed my car runs horribly on LPG oh yes its dual fuel

Pretty sure it's not a 1983 1FZ-FE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom