Help with Pro car seats on a 1979 BJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have the seats but the 81590 brackets are back ordered until November. Has anyone installed these seats with out the procar brackets? The seats I have are the 80-1600-62 PROCAR RAVE SERIES 1600. Any help is greatly appreciated!

many times on seat cradles built into a cage. Their bracket are simple flat strap squares with hole positions placed for the seat and the
factory brackets

IMG_3187.JPG

It looks as though those seats mount on a rail? Least from the pictures I can see on google...

Redirect Notice

The ProCar brackets are pretty basic, really. They're essentially flat-bar and square tube stock welded into a frame with holes drilled to align (and not very well) with the stock seat mounts, with thick L-brackets for the seat belts to mount to. I had to use clamps to flex mine into position.

A word of warning here - if you intend to run a center console (Tuffy, Cruiser Crap, CCOT, etc.) you will need to grind off the L brackets for the seatbelt receivers on the inside of the frame, and relocate them for the console to fit. Otherwise, they interfere.

Yours will probably be a bit different if they moved the gas tank under the cab or changed the mounts by 1979, but the principal should remain the same.

The seats themselves mount horizontally into tubes welded to the main frame. It's essentially a steel tube threaded for M8x1.25 bolts. If you can weld, and have some taps and dyes, you could build them.

Seat Brackets.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom