Help with fog lights (Hella) and dashboard switch FJ60 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have added some Hella Black Magic 500 lights to my stock FJ60 bumper. The lights come with the relay, wires, fuses, etc. As with most, I am searching for a fog light switch, but that's not for this post. With this rig I am learning more and more about the cruiser, and auto work in general, and I am trying to figure out the best means of wiring these lights up so that I don't end up with a "Frankencruiser".

First question, does anyone know if there's a good thread/how-to in IH8MUD already?

. . . And second, As I was wiring the temporary dash switch, I was picking through the existing wire harnesses for the cig lighter, defrost, etc. I noticed an extra harness plug-in next to the cig lighter. Does anyone know what this was, or would have been meant for?

2023-05-02 18.56.52.jpg

This might help.

I have added some Hella Black Magic 500 lights to my stock FJ60 bumper. The lights come with the relay, wires, fuses, etc. As with most, I am searching for a fog light switch, but that's not for this post. With this rig I am learning more and more about the cruiser, and auto work in general, and I am trying to figure out the best means of wiring these lights up so that I don't end up with a "Frankencruiser".

First question, does anyone know if there's a good thread/how-to in IH8MUD already?

. . . And second, As I was wiring the temporary dash switch, I was picking through the existing wire harnesses for the cig lighter, defrost, etc. I noticed an extra harness plug-in next to the cig lighter. Does anyone know what this was, or would have been meant for?

View attachment 3313652
Not 100% sure but it looks like the plug for the non-US inclinometer. That’s buried under the dash on some US cruisers even though it’s not used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom