Help with bulb replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can I jump in here, I've bought a new bulb 12v5w and it doesn't work, I've bench tested bulb works perfectly. I have 24v between both terminals in dash and a test light works. I have new toyota bulb ordered but I'm baffled why the bulb I have doesn't work. I've also bench tested the bulb with 24v and it works. Strange.....
Hopefully toyota bulb goes in tomorrow and all good.

Can I jump in here, I've bought a new bulb 12v5w and it doesn't work, I've bench tested bulb works perfectly. I have 24v between both terminals in dash and a test light works. I have new toyota bulb ordered but I'm baffled why the bulb I have doesn't work. I've also bench tested the bulb with 24v and it works. Strange.....
Hopefully toyota bulb goes in tomorrow and all good.

well .........hummmm

i see ..

do you drive a
12V Land Cruiser or a 24V Land Cruiser :poof::hmm:?

i am NOT sure if Ireland Domestic market region is a ALL DIESEL 24V all over the place or not .....:hmm:

let's start here and see where this takes us :)

well .........hummmm

i see ..

do you drive a
12V Land Cruiser or a 24V Land Cruiser :poof::hmm:?

i am NOT sure if Ireland Domestic market region is a ALL DIESEL 24V all over the place or not .....:hmm:

let's start here and see where this takes us :)
Ah sorry mate. So I'm in Dublin. I've a jap import hj60 24volt auto. Should have said that. Only had it a month or so.

20231111_115727.jpg

20231111_123006.jpg

well ....

then you need a
24V bulb

the 12V bulb you installed , blew up the filament in a metric parsec .....

you simply cannot substitute a 12v here , that's like throwing toilet paper spun-off the roll in advance into a bonfire 💥

O1CN01KiQK6Q1GxbO0GM40m_!!1695430689 -   1.jpg

Thanks mate haha

Well the bulb I have works when 24v is on it ... just notbwhen in the 60

ok ...\

hummmm ...?

i see now .

how are you testing the bulb socket for YES Active B+ power , to confirm and verify it in fact has it to begin with ?

you mention TEST light above ?

where are u clipping the alligator Clip exactly ?

where are u touching the metal pointed TIP of the test light exactly ?

i suggest you take a good spread to TECH photos here and post them too ,

because 1 photo tells a 1000 words ..

5 photos tell 5000 words

no photos , tell me : Photos or it Does Not exist

- i can clearly see above you have NIKON japan spec. of some sort ///

lets see that super sparky detail of your whole dash and the HVAC bulb socket in particular

im sure everyone here would love to see your JAPAN Spec. import spec HJ61 SNOW VERSION / Cold Spec. dash layout here too ...

do you have the CLOTH Recario-type TURBO logo embroidered front bucket seats and a MOON roof also ?

that's so killer kill options details . :D

lets get all your pics here m then we will solve your bulb problem 24V ,,,,correct

below is my 5/89 FJ62LG-PNEK , here name is GHOST

she is especially fond of HJ60 Turtle Top's 💥

matt

FFB6E87D-6308-46D2-805B-DA02C5D29252.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks mate haha

Well the bulb I have works when 24v is on it ... just notbwhen in the 60

if you want that below end look and warm rich cozy feel glow ...

you will to do this also , the rocket science is real , and so are the off the chart results ... :D
1700183712229.png

1700183697534.png

1700183731249.png

1700183775652.png

1700183793625.png

1700183810367.png

1700183823497.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEFORE ....
1700184561344.png

1700184571165.png

1700184603127.png

Last edited:
Thanks mate. I'll be collecting bilb later and will be at it so will take some pics. Basically between the two bulb holders getting 24v. I also have a voltage test machine on the bench and bulbs tests fine to my confusion. Anyway will see what happens this afternoon.

It is a hj60 2H, auto, air con, roll up windows and 24v. Lsd 16 inch steel chromies.

@ToyotaMatt do your LED bulbs work on the 24v cruisers? I also have an HJ60 and mine are burnt out, would love to upgrade to those beautiful bulbs.

@Telimhesdreamin

Is your handle a reference to the cult classic Aussie movie The Castle?

Matt…
(1.) Your LED DASH replacement BULBS are dazzling, but please tell me our dash dimming reostats remain fully operational in true OEM form? When will the full dash kit be released on the website? Nice job putting this together.
(2.) Might you also put together a stock 12v dash bulb replacement kit gathered from your OEM Asian suppliers for those of us not so dazzled should the reostat become inoperable under the LED bulb installation.
As usual, great work on bringing your ideas to the marketplace..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom