Help with 12ht aftermarket guage install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been looking around my 12ht to fit my aftermarket gauges and it's not looking like a simple install with out losing my stock water temp gauge unless I drill and tap into the water pump housing ?. I'm thinking of running the manual oil pressure from a piggy back system on the stock location ?. The boost gauge is also a pain not sure whether to use the stock pipe or drill and tap another ?. The pyro will be mounted after until I rebuild or replace turbo as put no thought into that when I rebuilt the engine plus don't want drill and tap now and risk metal contamination in the turbo.
How did you guys install your gauges.

Gday mate,
I bought a Redarc boost / coolant temp / egt gauge (all in the one, and with alarms for all 3).
I bought the dump pipe from eBay when I made my exhaust, so the egt probe is in there (I know it isn't ideal, but put the foot down and the temps rise instantly...). The coolant temp is in the top radiator hose (bought an adaptor for the sender to screw in - had to cut a section out of the hose to fit it). The boost is in the factory location with the supplied tee in the Redarc kit....
It isn't ideal, but I now drive to the Redarc gauge instead of any of the others....

This is where I put my temps sensor... on the rear hose heater outlet. To have an accurate read, I have to let the rear heater valve to ''high'' to ensure a constant flow.

DSCF7225.JPG

As for the oil pressur, I put a T on my factory oil sensor on the side of the block.

Thanks guys still looking around the engine not much choice but to go with the top radiator hose and everything else :bang:
I made the gauge holder less then 20 bucks in it bit rough but small and can take a few more gauges if needed.

diy pod 002.JPG
diy pod 003.JPG
autometer sport comp 001.JPG

I had the engine watch dog for water temp just slides under the bolt on the thermostats you should be able to ding it in my 75 12ht build thread on here somewhere

I will probably go for the watch dog Chappo but it's down the track as to many projects going on at the moment. I will get these gauges in as it's been 12 month since the old girl went on the road so now's the time to tickle her up as engine is running great. :)

IIRC : 1/8" × 28 BSPT

This is the adaptor that I used : 9035-02-02 | Adaptall

The «male side» is : 1/8" × 28 BSPP not BSPT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom