Help required with SWB 40 seals (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

Just looking for help with regards to SWB seals I.e both windscreen seals, lower cab seal and roof seal etc.

I would like to know what the genuine ones look like, how they attach and where they have holes etc. I've been looking all over the net on parts sites etc but it's hard to get a decent look at them. So does anyone out there have any close up shots that would be helpful?

Main reason is I would like to see if I can get close with generic parts from a auto rubber supplier, as this will be significantly cheaper option as I simply cannot afford a set of genuine atm. I will add any findings to this thread with part numbers and where to get them if I find anything good, for anyone else who might be in my position.

Cheers
Ash

Ash ... Try Scott's Rubber on 03 9563 3023. Lots of 40 rubber parts at very reasonable prices, including screen rubber.

Cheers

Ash ... Try Scott's Rubber on 03 9563 3023. Lots of 40 rubber parts at very reasonable prices, including screen rubber.

Cheers
Cheers mate, I looked up Scott's during my searches might have to go back and look into the prices and stuff. I just recently noticed Clarke rubber sells a lot of auto rubber seals, Bailey channel rubber etc. they sell at around $10 a metre or much less if you look at the offcuts too. Might make a mix of the 2...

Ash - I ended up using Rare Spares for my doors front and rear, they're very good quality and bought a fair amount of stuff from the US. I found it was cheaper to get it from the US and pay postage than what some genuine suppliers wanted. Between them and eBay I got most of my seals as genuine parts.

Cheers
Are rare spares based in the U.S.? It's crazy that it's cheaper to buy and get shipped than to just go to a local supplier... Thanks for the info mate I'll check them out too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom