Help Buying 70 1PZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

I have found a 92 70 series with a 1PZ in it with 150k miles. I"m looking for a 1FZ but those are impossible to find where I live. All 70s here are diesels.

I plan on using my LC as a daily driver and some light offroading. I will add a bull bar, larger tires and a winch.

Do you have guys have any driving impressions you can share with me? Is the power adequate? I have a 10 mile commute on a high speed highway. Will I run into any trouble?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

A high speed highway? Adequate power is in the mind of the driver. But these engines were not designed to be high speed vehicles. The brakes ,the high CoG and SWB handling characteristics make them unsuitable for anything much over 110kph.
The engines like staying under 3000rpm and around 1800-2500 is the sweet spot
Do you have a slow lane?

@roscoFJ73 thank you for your reply. Sorry, I think I meant just a highway. Top speed os 100kph and we do have a slow lane. I dont mind cruising at 80 or 90 but will this speed be a problem? Or can the 1pz do it without problem? I used to have a 3F and highway speed was no problem

I have a PZJ77 with manual transmission. The 1PZ will not have any problems cruising at 80-100kph.

@rojjim thanks for your reply that what I needed to know. In your opinion does the 1PZ have enough power for some offroading with some mods (285/75/R16 tires on steelies, bull bar, rack)

The 1PZ will adequate power to cruise at 100kph and go offroad. I thought you may have been thinking of 130kph. Offroad and using lower gears it will be almost unstoppable. Deep sand needs the tyres deflated to about 18-20 psi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom