Heavier springs rate that works with AHC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for posting. This may be a dumb question, but I wonder about the front? Why just the rear? And maybe its just me, but it appears to make the rake even worse in High. Hard to tell from this angle though.

Nevermind. Duh, the big "request a quote" button. My old age is getting the best of me šŸ˜‚

Nevermind. Duh, the big "request a quote" button. My old age is getting the best of me šŸ˜‚
yep. via the website. no particular rush here, but I like having options and information.

Thanks for posting. This may be a dumb question, but I wonder about the front? Why just the rear? And maybe its just me, but it appears to make the rake even worse in High. Hard to tell from this angle though.
I think that is the 'factory' rake. Similar to how mine looks, though I have some AHC height adjust on mine for the 35s.
I would love to see a vendor uprate the front springs the same way.

Iā€™m looking at a 100 series thread. There seem to be at least four different options for 100 series springs based on region and gvm

no, I didnā€™t order yet. I had some questions on the shipping side of the quote.

Is TTCS-2168 the correct part?
Per the terrain tamer catalog, yes. But I suggest you verify yourself, asterisk were involved. I put the terrain tamer website in earlier post.

Using mild springs from a 100 series or maybe even stock rated LC100 springs would make sense. Not as heavily rated as stock 200 springs but more than what you get

Well damn. Somebody finally tried it. I often wondered if the 100 series ahc uprated coils would work. The king springs variants are the ones 100 series ahc guys most often use to fit when lifting them while retaining the ahc system. Didn't know Terrain Tamer made ahc coils.

Ahc spring options thread in 100 forum

$200 or so for rears...anyone know the price for a set of spacers for the front?

Per the terrain tamer catalog, yes. But I suggest you verify yourself, asterisk were involved. I put the terrain tamer website in earlier post.

ā€˜Verified:

F079DF5D-B499-4059-AD5E-4F75D7C748E0.jpeg
2CBBF1E7-CCA1-406B-9589-CCD2A7C69426.jpeg

ā€œverifiedā€ as in installed and running those TTCS-2168? How does it respond going into low and what are your first impressions for the ride quality?

EDIT: you answered a bit of this over on your build thread, but Iā€™m still curious how it responds trying to lower it.

Installed and running. Rides great. Raises from N to H much faster - low is probably a non-starter. It seemed to adjust fine around 65mph where it usually does, but sitting in the driveway, it seemed to freak out a little when I tried low. I am waiting on Techstream to take a look at everything.

Installed and running. Rides great. Raises from N to H much faster - low is probably a non-starter. It seemed to adjust fine around 65mph where it usually does, but sitting in the driveway, it seemed to freak out a little when I tried low. I am waiting on Techstream to take a look at everything.
did you try LOW before the sensor adjustment?

did you try LOW before the sensor adjustment?

Good question and it is worth mentioning that I have not used low in a very long time. I did not try it before the sensor adjustment, but I did cycle through all modes after the sensor adjustment and it seemed to work fine.

I knew beforehand that here was a chance that this may cause issues with going into low, which is fine as I never use it. Having said that, I will hold out until I can get it hooked up to Techstream and see what the what is with my pressures.

I should also add that when I did the sensor adjust, I moved the fronts all the way as far as they could go, yet it only resulted in about 1/4 inch lift. That is until the springs were installed. Then everything sort of evened out for whatever reason. It was likely that I just needed to cycle through a few times, or maybe having it on a lift, or possibly the perfectly flat alignment rack helped. I'm just not sure at this point, but everything seems to be fine now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom