Heater Hose Return? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pappy

photosynthesizing
Threads
Help.

There is a port on my 2F water pump and I'm not sure if it's the heater return or supply. Pic attached. My 3FE cooling system drawing and my memory of the 2F system seems to be backwards. Anybody have a FJ60 FSM they can scan for me?

Jon

Last edited:
That's for the bypass hose.

That's for the bypass hose.

OK. So this is the hose that goes to the 2F thermostat housing? Is there a solution to this? Can I just plug it somehow?

Which way does this port push coolent? If it pulls into the pump then I can use it for the heater return.

OK. So this is the hose that goes to the 2F thermostat housing? Is there a solution to this? Can I just plug it somehow?

Prolly.

Which way does this port push coolent? If it pulls into the pump then I can use it for the heater return.

Dunno.

Maybe you should use a 3FE Pump?

Call me, we should discuss.....

D-

I just dug out the article in the Aug 05 Trails by Arron Thompson on his 2Fe/FJ62 install. According to his article he plugged the bypass port on the driver's side of the 3FE thermostat housing, and adapted/reduced the bypass port on the 2F water pump to the heater lines.

I keep looking at the 3FE cooling system diagram and I think this solution is correct. I still would like to look at the comparable diagram for a FJ60 to make sure. Sorry I don't own a scanner, so I took a digi-pic of the diagram I'm talking about.

The only 2F change I can see is to not use the pipe with the side port that comes off the bottom of the radiator to the water pump and instead use the solid pipe from the 3FE. Guess I need to revisit the boneyard again.

Last edited:
Maybe you should use a 3FE Pump?

Call me, we should discuss.....

D-

Will it bolt to the 2F block? Looking at the pic again it just might solve the problem. I would need to get the oil cooler pipe that runs under the crank pulley and use a longer hose. I wonder why Arron didn't use the 3FE water pump?

Maybe you should use a 3FE Pump? Call me, we should discuss.....

D-

Dan, have a water pump gasket for each in stock that we can compare?

Jon

Yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom