HDJ81: No power to radio, clock, cigarette lighter, dome lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi guys, did you ever fix this issue? I was driving home yesterday and all of a sudden my radio and clock went out? I will be checking my fuses tomorrow. I’m kind of a newbie when it come to working on the cruiser so go easy on me. Thanks😇

Clock and radio are on the same fuse, in the under hood fuse panel. If it blows again, start looking for the cause before something bad happens.

You got a point!😩 I’m going to back track what I recently installed on the truck. I recently installed a turbo timer and before that fogs. But the fog lights have been on for sometime now. I will check the turbo timer areas first.

Update, I was able to track the source and it was a blown fuse. I’m thinking it could just be of being old. We shall see in the future. But thanks guys for your help!

Help, cig lighter not working, all dome lights also not working, door sensors do not activate dome lights or light in dash if doors open when vehicle on. Dome lights will not turn on manually. New bulbs installed, fuses look good, radio works and clock works however. Stumped and need help.

Because I've already blown three fuses within 30 minutes. Everytime I put a new one in, I go inside and turn on the radio it blows. Also I get this loud buzzing noise.

Because I've already blown three fuses within 30 minutes. Everytime I put a new one in, I go inside and turn on the radio it blows. Also I get this loud buzzing noise.

Good indications that there's a problem with the radio, great place to start.

Help, cig lighter not working, all dome lights also not working, door sensors do not activate dome lights or light in dash if doors open when vehicle on. Dome lights will not turn on manually. New bulbs installed, fuses look good, radio works and clock works however. Stumped and need help.

Did you check the "dome" fuse in the engine bay fuse box?

Hi, Yes, that was the first thing I check. Fuse looks good. I also exchanged it with another fuse to make sure it was not just visually ok, but not working. I'm sure this is a simple fix, but finding what the issue is..? Very frustrating..

I would disconnect the radio and then check the system.
Also look inside the cig lighter socket as I've seen crappy adapters lose their ends causing a short circuit. Other times a child may stick a coin into the cigarette lighter socket again causing a short.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll give that a go. My understanding is the radio, lighter, digital clock, and dome lights are on the same circuit. so was puzzled when the radio works, clock works, but both dome lights out, map light near sunroof controls out, cig lighter out. frustrating..

I was driving the other day and clock, radio and dome lights went out on my HDJ81, i have to check the fuses under the hood, whish one is the dome fuse?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom