Builds HDJ81 Build -

I drove from Clover, SC to Detroit, MI today and bought a boat 23' boat. It is aluminum, so it only weighs about 2400 pounds. The ol' HDJ81 pulled it pretty well back to the hotel. The real test will be on Thursday when I pull it back to South Carolina.

IMG_2024.jpeg

IMG_2025.jpeg

IMG_2026.jpeg

This morning I installed a new set of Big End Bearings into the ol' 1HDT. I don't know when they were last changed, so I bit the bullet and changed them out. It was a relatively easy job, and was done in about three hours from start to finish.

The old bearings didn't look that bad....

IMG_2117.jpeg

IMG_2118.jpeg

IMG_2120.jpeg

The oil pan was clean with absolutely nothing on the magnet. I am feeling pretty good about the internals of the engine after having a look inside. Over the next few days I will be replacing the water pump and timing belt.

davegonz

Keeping it Weird
SILVER Star

Awesome rig! Can you take a pic of how you routed the IC pipes from the intercooler into the engine bay? I plan on intercooling my 1HZ-T and was hoping there was room to easily do it.

Timing belt and water pump replaced.... What a pain in the butt. I worked from 5:00PM to 10:30PM last night replacing them. I'm glad to be done with that.

I really didn't need to do any of it, because I found a magic marker note on the water pump that said "replaced at 202,534km" truck has just over 240K kilometers on it now.... Oh well; peace of mind...

Top Bottom