Hawk Pride ORV 12/28 - 12/30 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Queen "fat bottomed girls"
Its a song I like a lot and ever sense it came up in the classic rock mix Friday evening it's been stuck in my head lol

Matt, you do realize you are in deep trouble now?! I know someone who is not going to like your choice. :princess: It's been good knowing you man! :crybaby:

I appreciate you looking out for me Will, but its all good. The real head of the house knows its one of my favorite songs ;)

I sent my uca into my motor....

The nut came off god knows when and then bolt backed out sending my wheel into the wheel well and the uca into the motor. It was a bitch. Cody did most of the fixing, I was a frozen uselessness

dontcha wanna?

Erick, which bolt came loose? What brand UCAs you running?

thread lock does wonders:)

Anyone have a pic of camp. Didn't take a single one.

Thanks Cody Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Matt posted this one.....

attachment.php

Yeah. I already got that one. Don't have one showing the Fox wing. It was Awesome.

Thanks Cody Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Ashlee or I didn't get one of the fox wing...
It sure was awesome.

What's the green bottle thingy?

That's what I thought but just thought I'd ask.

Pretty much this is a summery. I do know how to properly use grammar, but I like putting ... to seperate my thought in long passages such as this.

Before you start reading, be warned, there are around 4,350 words. Actually starting at Hawk Pride ORV park, there are exactly 4,356 words According to Word.

Thanks Cody

Synopsis: Our trip at Hawk Pride in December 2012

Hawk Pride ORV Park

Louisiana Land Krewser’s

December 28th through December 30th 2012

I left Lafayette around 6:45 AM Wednesday. Took I-10 to I-12. Then I-55 and made the way up to I-45. Truck's GPS took us that way, it said it was quicker. Plus it was majority interstate ish... Did 4 stops for fuel. haven’t done the numbers, but seems like I made around 11-12 mpg... About 50 miles north on I-55 We saw a sign saying Railroad museum, took that exit, and went about 10 miles from interstate, and still hadn't found the darn thing, so we turned around and headed north again.. Made it around the park at like 5:30PM it gets dark early up there, so didn't stop at the park.. Called Mark and told him we would be there in the morning. He said either He or his son would be up there around 8:00AM. Went to hotel, checked in, and decided we both were starving. Looked on the phone, and settled on Pizza hut. DON"T There were about 6 tables by the time we left, and only one waitress. We sat for about 5 minutes, before she even got to us. Then ordered, about 10 minutes goes by, and I hear somebody in the back say, "Hey, we're out of Deep Dish, go see what they want." Well I'm thinking good, they got ours in the oven, and those guys that just ordered need to figure something else. NO. About 10 minutes later, she comes saying that they're out of deep dish, they only have Stuffed Crust. I wanted so bad to just ask why she hadn't come told us right after she found out.... So we get that stuffed crust thing, which neither of us liked. And waited another 40 minutes to get it. all in all we were there for about 1:25 hours... Got to the Hotel, took showers, and out like a light.

Thursday: So we got to the park about 5 minutes before 8. Went down the road to the entrance, waited about 10 minutes. Turned around, and went back to the main road. Sat another 5 minutes, decided to call Mark, no answer... another 5 minutes goes by, and then I see this little Toyota Tundra pull up. It was his son Charlie. He let us in, and signed us up. :D I was super excited... Unloaded EleYota, and took mountainside, up to the power line. had a little play area right there, mud wasn't that bad, kept to the tires, but still had traction.. Kept it pretty much in 1st gear until noon. Took a couple pictures around the way. They normally had a finger pointing on the map to show where we were. I wanted to keep doing this throughout the trip, but didn't... Got lazy.. Took Mountainside down (#6) . Took a right heading away from the Big hill. Got to end of the #1 trail, past the Mud Bog. Went up and around Maynerd's trail (#21). Passed the Mud Bog again, went on the hill things. Went to go down Abbie's trail (#90). After you go a ways, I believe it is the second hill, you can take the dirt way up, or a rocky way up. I figured that it would be better to take the rocky way, to save the virgin dirt.. Kept going a ways, turned right at Gobbler's Ridge(#89), and headed south again. Looked to my left, and saw this big over hang thing, and stopped, backed up, and took it, Turns out it was aptly named Hangover(#34) right at the T, is where the hang over is. if you keep going south, is where we saw the Camo rock, and the ice cycles. I got out the 40, and started climbing. I got to where I have the picture of it on the stump infront of Blake. well, I was way behind it, and didn't realize there was a rather large drop behind that stump, so I sent it probably 50' rolling head over heals down the rocks.. It landed on all 4's. so I tried to drive it back up. got almost to the top, and walked the pinion, and away it went again. I climbed down to roll it back over, and got it up to the point it rolled, and chunked it up to Blake. then took the picture. We then walked and saw the camo rock, and ice sickles. On the way back to the cruiser, I gave Blake the camera and told him to video.. That is the video where I kept hitting the bumper. Didn't realize I was that far towards the right... Wanted to get a poser shot of it on the incline.. Blake got in, and we drove back to the truck, because camera didn't wanna hold any more pictures.. D: Guess I didn't delete when I put them on computer. Didn't wanna risk losing a bunch of pics, so I didn't just delete. Got back to HD. Unhitched the trailer, and drove back to Florence. Stopped at the Walmart, pickup some lunch meat. Went to McDonalds to grab a burger. Went to Hotel, started uploading pics to Laptop. Went back to Hawk Pride. Kevin still wasn't there, so I got with Blake on the 4 wheeler and we made a couple laps on the MX track. Then I let him take it out. He did pretty good. :D Then it was my turn to have fun. I was pretty comfortable with the track at this point, so I had fun. I got what I thought what some sweet air, doesn't look awesome on video, but for me it was a BLAST. Kevin showed up, helped him set up camp. Checked out his awesome Deathstar. Blake really wanted to go wheeling, truth be told, so did I, but didn't wanna leave Kevin just sitting there. For his supper he tried to make some turkey gumbo, well tried to use the rice he already cooked, pot didn't wanna open. so he made some more. Blake and I had eaten a sandwich, so we weren't hungry. So we talked for a while. Suzi started bring fire pit rocks closer, so I got Blake to drive the four wheeler, and we just loaded up that. Work smarter not harder. :D Got the fire going pretty easy. Got to use the Blue LED lights on the side of the cruiser around the camp fire. Worked out pretty well.. :D Mark came around 6:30 in a Range Rover, Nice. :;D Went back to hotel. Searching for Food, we stopped at a Chilies, on the north side of Florence. Really nice. “Best Big Mouth Bites ever Blake said. Went back to hotel, and slept.

Friday: Got to park around 8:30. Kevin was trying to defreeze eggs. wasn't happening. Went to hit a couple trails. Went down Big Hill headed towards the mug bog again. This is the pic of me coming down, and cross ways though the trail. trails were a little slicker, but not too bad. Went on the bumps at the beginning of mud bog. then went and did Maynerd's trail again. Way slicker than first time... This is all Go Pro'd. Went back up mountain side, man it was getting slick for me. My tires don't clean that well.. and I was starting to have some issues with noise from the front end, so I didn't want to push it with too much wheel speed. Went back towards camp. Checked on Suzi, who was reading in the tent. It was warm in there.. Went north past the MX track, did 80 up to 79 and followed that west, back down to hit up the barn area again. the little rectangle above #80. Decided to do 79 again, but take a right, so passed 81, and started south again. some where around there, is where I bumped into that tree, and then had to use Kevin's armor to get him through it. Sorry Kevin.. D: It was getting to be that time for Erick and Matt to arrive (noon - 1) . Got back to camp, and after a couple, the rest of the gang showed up. I helped them set up camp, and they talked for a while. Erick and I went to trail 13, and played around. That's where I got the videos of us on the hill. I came up on the side of him, and he got some pics. Got back in, and went to go forward. hit middle caught on the hump he parked over. So he backed up. then I pulled forward. I guess he didn't realize, and thought he just needed more momentum, because in my mirror, I saw him go try again, and this time he just succeeded in HI Centering. :D I asked him, Ya need a tug”, and he said yeah. So I asked Blake to turn around the Go Pro. and I gave him a little tug. Not too bad. :D Headed back to the camp site, and they hung around for a little while. Then we all went do a trail up towards the north again. We played in the mud, and went back to camp. Headed back Erick and I did the bumpy road right by the RV sights, and next thing I knew, Kevin and Matt were nowhere to be seen Erick said that last thing he heard on the CB was that Kevin was stuck, somewhere off abbie’s trail. So we headed that way. I’m thinking it was somewhere around like93 and 55 where they got stuck. Because I know there was a Buggy trail that lead into it. Kevin was in the lead, this is where he was sideways across the trail, right before the big hill, (My peeing Joke on video), we helped him winch up the hill. After we got him up, we started spooling in the rope, and man, the winch was making some noise, it did just find while pulling… Kevin was next got about ½ way up, and then had to winch him too. Easy. Erick was next, Matt made a path, so Erick just walked up. My turn, My offset pumpkin was not in their rut, so I had to winch long. I’m not sure what’s going on with my winch. When it works, it pulls strong, but doesn’t work very long. It didn’t get hot, still Cold to touch. All connections are tight, but it’s like a duty cycle kicking in, But not cyclic, it was random. Don’t know. Eventually made it up… Went further, and then was the rocky portion, where we got a bunch of pics going down. followed towards what I’m assuming is 55, and took the straight trail back down just north of it… Went back to camp, Used the restroom, and Blake and I got on the 4 wheeler. We went down the big hill to get to Viper(19). I wanted to play with the RC 40 on it. It was drizzling at that time. The rest of the gang showed up, and heading down Abbie's trail (90). we finished right there, and then followed their tracks. As we went along, Blake and I did a couple trails along the way that I wanted to check out. I said I was gonna write them down when we got back, but forgot. We to a couple trails that were pretty cool. Beautiful scenery. There was a Back hoe down one of the trailer, with a creak running be sides it. Blake and I went down a little trail above the creak and checked it out. I knew that they had gone up the right side past the Back hoe. Well when we made it back to the back hoe, they had apparently come back down and taken the trail to the left. So we went right, and found where they had turned around, That is where we eventually made it back to do the couples pictures. We turned around and followed them up the "left" trail. we basically just looped around and made it up again to (91). There was a trail called "10" which I can't find on the map, but that is the pictures and videos of the 40 on those rocks with the stream running down. Blake and I then did it on the 4 wheeler, there was a couple parts where I would have needed sliders in a rig.. :D But we made it all the way. then turned around, because I wasn't sure where I was. So we then made it back to where we had started that #10 trail. then turned right, following their tracks. We made it back to Abbies trail (90). took a left, and made it back to the main road. Went towards the Pole Barn, and saw their tracks again. I saw a little crossing in that ditch, so I went through it, wasn't that deep. Took John's Way (88) towards Ditch (73) But took upper ditch(74). which was just a Slick sucker. took that to 96. All the trails on the left side going north are kinda rocky, beautiful slabs, which kinda reminded me of a little piece of Moab in the middle of a forest. Blake and I took 75 to 77 which is a 4 wheeler trail, back to 88. Then retraced our selves back to 96. Blake and I went right on 23 then south. We took it all the way to 25. then back north to 96. we then took that little 78 crossing trail after we saw they had passed both end of it. it was kinda rocky, and probably shouldn't have done a couple parts with 2 people, but we made it just fine. we can act as a team to lean. :D Made it back to (88). as I was driving my hood kept flying off, which actually made it COLDER... went north towards the pole barn. took a right heading towards camp. We saw that they took mountainside again, so we took that right. I didn't feel like going all the way around it again, so I took the 13 trail up, which again shouldn't be done with two people, but we made it as a team. It was starting to get dark pretty quick, and right after we got back, it started raining. Farted around for about 30 minutes trying to get a fire started. The quick quarter and other papers we had, wouldn't stay lit for even a second. it just sat there.. Eventually got it started. Erick started cooking Jambalaya. Started raining again, so everybody got under the Fox wing. I saw Erick standing out in the rain cooking, so I went help. interesting to find out it's really easy.. :D Eventually got tired of rain, so we stole Erick's Pink easy up and that was nice. finished cooking. waited for it to cool, and everybody dug in. IT was awesome. Both Blake and I are kinda finicky, but we both enjoyed that. I won't tell yall Erick’s secret... The rain died down, and started "snowing". we could see it in Kevin's LED lights on the top of his truck, but wasn't breaking the surface of the puddles. Decided that it was getting cold, and the rain had started again, so no night wheeling for us. Plus some had been on the road for a LONG time, so it was a nice end to the night, well up until Kevin's truck battery didn't wanna work. Erick came to the rescue and jumpstarted him. It's amazing how little juice those engine's need to start.. :D Said good night and went back to the Hotel, and got in the Hot Tub. Twas Awesome. The heated pool was nice and warm. Then we figured out where the control knob for the whirl pool was, so did that for a while. Went to bed.

Saturday: Woke up, decided we needed more shoe's. so went to tractor supply and bought some insulated Rubber Boots. They were SWEET. got to the park around 9:00 ish. and helped figure out that Kevin's Ice trays still didn't freeze in the Freezer, even though it was Stupid cold out side. Suzi ran down the road to the little gas station and bought some eggs and milk, which had frozen... The gang got a burger, and other good food from the little consesion stand. We went down Big Hill and went check out the Bog again. went back up Mountainside as a group, and it was slightly harder (Ground not difficulty) so made it it up a little bit easier. Erick went up Big Hill and said it was ALOT better. So that's our new route. It got compacted by all the rigs that showed up. Blake and I got a burger, Headed back to camp. Talked for a little bit, used the restroom (which are really nice BTW), then got in the cruiser. I said i wanted to go retry that trail that they had done yesterday, which I was following on the 4wheeler, so We all got in the trucks, and redid some of it, and ended up at the place where the back hoe was. We took that right, and got up to almost the top, I didn't see what exactly happened, but apparently there was a tree that had fallen that night, or else I don't remember seeing it they day before. Kevin musta made it, or was just taller, because Matt got caught. it lifted the driver side up. I couldn't tell that it was a tree, but I knew there was something. So we drove closer, and bam, it was a tree. Tied it off to the winch, and pulled, Broke the back part off, So Kevin hooked up to the front, and Erick and I chopped a grove into it. Then tried again. Got him this time. We all then shoved it off the trail. Then Erick and I made it up. We continued up, and got to the point where we did the group shots, and where the couples pictures were done. Matt couldn't have stopped in a better spot, with that bolder under his driver rear, so we took the group shots of the rigs. Blake had gone up to the right, and played around, and then Hailey ventured over there. and I told Erick it would make a pretty couple shot, So we then all did. Made it back down to 88, and Kevin was up ahead of us. I couldn't see him, or Erick. So I followed Matt towards the camp. After a couple I saw Erick in my rear view. I expected to continue seeing him, so once Matt and I got down by the Barn, I turned around to go find him. Thought he and Kevin might have gone past towards Bacon (65). There was a set of tracks so we went up it. It was fairly steep, and at one point it was too steep for traction. so I backed down a bit. then tried again. got it, kept going up west. I went a little bit further towards what I'm guessing was around like 23 and turned around. Got back to 88, and took a right. Headed past like 71, went up that a ways, and turned around. Kept going to where it ends, which is the Emergency exit, Realized this, Turned around, and headed back towards camp. We figured they had gone back, and maybe we didn't see. So got to camp, and only Matt's FJC there.. Oh dang. So talked for a little bit, then I went use restroom. When I got back, Mark, owner, was there talking, and he said "Cody I need to borrow your trailer." That's not good was my first thought. "Erick's Broken down there, and can't get back up". I started thinking all kinda of things. "He's fine, He broke something on this suspension, but they are both ok" Wheeewe Ok, Got in the truck and he didn't have the right receiver size, Dad's has a Class V so it's not a 2" square, it's like 2.5"... So Got inthe HD. and followed Mark out and onto the black top again. Went down the road, and to his barn. Went down, and I hadn't known where he was broken at this time. did that 88 trail in the HD. Got to around the pole barn where 88 and 1 meet up, and saw a bunch of lights. My first thought was this is the best place to break.. :D Nice open field... So tried to get Erick's HI lift to go down, fought, fought, fought, and then Kevin got out his. threw Erick’s in the Back of Mark's truck. And loaded up the FJC. I told Haley that if they needed they were more than welcome to stay at the Hotel with us. There was 2 queen beds, and I could suffer with Blake for one night.. Kevin said they were gonna go up to camp the short way, and pack, then meet us at the shop. I had it in 4LO Manual on the way up, took it easy on first hill, and felt the trailer, so did it will a little more speed after that. Made it up without a problem. Got to the barn, hosed it off a little, and backed her off the trailer. Started taking off the passenger wheel, and saw the problem. The nut had backed off, and allowed the bolt to wiggle forward. It was probably a good thing that the washer caught on the fender, because that kept it in one place. fought for a little while, and decided to take off the air box. that gave a little more room, then took off the grill and the headlight. tried using a couple long screw drivers to get to it, but nothing was long enough. I spotted his Jack handle, and put those 2 together, and used that to reach the bolt though the headlight hole. That worked, Slow but steady. played with it, aligned it up, and went through... Then came the Nut. Hmm. it's not 1/2. tried a couple things, and then decided we were gonna go run into town Right before leaving, I thought it might have been a good idea to bring the other side to have something to compare. Not good, it was loose too. Glad I checked. So got it off... This was at 6:45ish. Tractor supply closed at 7:30, and the Lowes at 8. got to tractor supply, the biggest they found was M12. Dang. Lets back to Lowes. Dang same.. So it's now like 7:45. searched M14 Nut online, didn't wanna just search Nuts, that might have been bad.. I saw one for AutoZone, and remember seeing that there was a Wheel nut that was the same size. So called them, and "oh yeah, we gots those numbers on some boxes on the shelf." "What time ya close" I asked, "8:00" he said, I was like "We'll be there in 5 minutes." 4 young Muddy adults racing in and out of the Lowes probably didn't look that suspicious. >;D "A mother's gotta to do what she has to do to get to her Baby" So raced to AutoZone, and out hopes were shattered. We showed him the Bolt and he's like, "Phew, we aint got nothing that big, " All our Faces...... "well lets go see", he said. so we went look, and again, only upto M12. We were out of options. Fastenal wasn't open till Monday. nothing open had big enough. I remember seeing the wheel nut, so Erick and the other worker went in the back, and tried to find one. They found a stud it fit on, so it was in fact a M14. But couldn't find a nut. Then at the bottom of a box, he found only 1. One single M14 self centering wheel nut.. That's all we needed... :D So got some diesel, and headed back to the shop. it fit. Yeah.. :D put it all back together, and headed towards camp. Got there, and empty, nobody was there. That kinda left a bad taste in my mouth…... I'm glad I wasn't the one broken, when my club left me... Sorry if that offends anybody, but that's how I felt. I know Erick was with me and the trailer, but that still hurt me... I later found out, after yall had left camp, that yall let Erick know yall were going eat....... so Erick followed me back to the Hotel, He ordered Pizza from a different pizza hut along the way, so we had that for super, this one was much better. :D Enjoyed the Cookie cake for desert. We saw two strikingly familiar FJC's and trailers at the Shoney's, I just kept driving by.......Made it to the Hotel, Learned you can make a snorer quiet by pushing him on his side, Thanks for the tip Haley. :D

Sunday: Woke up, headed to the park, loaded up the cruiser, and helped Erick pack. Hit the road. Stayed on interstates as opposed to smaller roads, which brought Erick out of his way, Sorry for that. Diesel stations are few and far between that allow access with the trailer... on the basin bridge there was this car that kept following me, and staying on the side. It kinda got me mad, because I was tired, and I'm not sure why, but apparently as I found out yesterday, it was a Cajun Yota guy, who I had ridden with.. :D He was trying to flag me down, but he was in his GF's car, so I didn't recognize it. Sorry Matt.. :D

Made it home, and took a shower, and slept in my own bed. that was nice.. :D Then slowly have been putting this together, along with making the video... I do believe I got it pretty close to the correct order, Enough to understand.. :D Wow, it’s 4,356 words. WOW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom