Builds Hardcore ROTM - PROJECT RASCAL - July 2005 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bruce, I am leaving on Thurs for MS, so get the parts ready on your trailer. Don't forget my Saginaw box. We can hook up on Thurs a.m.

Thanks for the call earlier....I liked the sound of that engine running again!

Since it's running I started finishing up some little stuff - some final welding - shock hoops, steering shaft to the u-joint...

The bungee cord around the PS reservoir is catching the ps fluid thet is dripping until I get a AN6 cap tomorrow... :eek:

Steering looks a lot better!!! :cool:
IMG_0901-1.jpg

Final installed the cable shifters. :cool:
IMG_0905-1.jpg

I also, test fit the front two piece drive shaft from Jesse via Nolen. Tomorrow I will get it shortened. And hopefully install it tomorrow night.

I re-fit the two front fenders and am trying to figure out where to put the transmission cooler and battery.

All-in-all a good weekend's work!

wngrog said:
Bruce, I am leaving on Thurs for MS, so get the parts ready on your trailer. Don't forget my Saginaw box. We can hook up on Thurs a.m.

Thanks for the call earlier....I liked the sound of that engine running again!

I'll be ready - need to get with Ed and determine his schedule this week. My neighbor took my trailor this past week to pick up a 73 Hemi Challenger in New Hampshire. It is way too sweet. Dual carbs and the whole deal. :cool:

Rascal said:
Final installed the cable shifters. :cool:

In your spare time :laughing: get yourself some threaded rod and some connectors and raise those shifters up to a height that you won't have to bend over to reach them.

Digging the steering wheel!

wngrog said:
In your spare time :laughing: get yourself some threaded rod and some connectors and raise those shifters up to a height that you won't have to bend over to reach them.

That's a good idea. I was thinking about that as i was sitting in there testing the shifters.

Rascal said:
I'll be ready - need to get with Ed and determine his schedule this week.

Bring it.

I'm tired of wheeling without you and Grogan. We need to get yer junk done!

Ed

Rascal said:
Little bit O Bling :cool:

Bruce, I swear you are imitating ole Grog so fawkin' much it isn't fun to make fun any more...... :confused: :frown:

Texican said:
Bruce, I swear you are imitating ole Grog so fawkin' much it isn't fun to make fun any more...... :confused: :frown:

Damn Butch - I thought YOU if anyone would understand that it's hard to get my FAT ASS out from under the steering wheel... ;p ;p

Texican said:

Maybe we should give Bruce the title of, "GB." Grogan Biotch....

fj40charles said:
Maybe we should give Bruce the title of, "GB." Grogan Biotch....

Everyone has a bitch and everyone is somebodies bitch. I'll take that title. Although, I'm already Butch's bitch. Does anyone know if there are rules about being multiple peoples bitch? ;) ;)

Created a mount for the pillow block on the front drive shaft. Used some 1 1/2 square tubing, drilled some holes, cut one side off, welded some nuts to the inside and weldedit up to the frame. What do you think?
IMG_0906-1.jpg
IMG_0908-1.jpg
IMG_0911-1.jpg

Been too busy working and not enough time taking pictures... :eek:

Starting to finish it up. Been in a major crunch to get it rolling so I can get it to Rocktaxi (Ed) and get the rear axle out so Nolen could bring it to Jackson this comming weekend - but the hurricane has that all fouled up. Still going to Ed's to start the 4 Link tomorrow night. :)
IMG_0910-1.jpg
IMG_0912-1.jpg

Waggoner5 said:
The tank looks nice. Who fabbed it up or is it over the counter?

RCI - 15Gal found it on EBay - Brand new. Cost me more to plumb it than to buy the cell...

It was good to talk to you today. How'd it go at JK's? Any word on the battery hold down?

We got a lot done today. Steering column, fenders are laid out, and mocked up spring height. I should be able to fit a 39 " tire under the truck with only 4" springs. Lots left to do, but its coming alive slowly. I will check out the tanks. I will need one for my project and I would rather not get my old marine tank fabricator to do it. It would cost a fortune. I just got home and all the guys have left for the day, so I will check on the bat stuff tomorrow AM.
G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom