Wanted Hard Top (FRP) for 1989 LJ73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
The hard top on my 89 LJ73 disappeared while being transported from Orlando to Tennessee. Looking for a good used one to replace. I see custom soft tops on eBay going for $4700 which is stupid money.

LC6.jpg

There is one for sale in the 70 series forum on facebook in Houston TX , not the prettiest one and priced pretty high . They are out there but don't pop up to often

There is one for sale in the 70 series forum on facebook in Houston TX , not the prettiest one and priced pretty high . They are out there but don't pop up to often
Thanks, will check that one out. Not many options out there and shipping from overseas is craazy - customs wants it crated using special treated wood or they'll refuse to let into country and you end up paying to ship back or they destroy the entire shipment! Was told this by someone that does importing.

That is correct info , I import 70 series cruisers and parts for a living and the shipping requirements are no joke

Update: the seller called the Highway Dept and someone found the top! He picked it up and drove all night from FL to TN and delivered it yesterday. Right rear is cracked on the vertical and the very bottom of both back sides are scraped down but a few hours of grinding and epoxy with some fiberglass repair tape and a lot of sanding and it should look like new. Will take it to a local guy for new paint color of medium silver. Windows survived so overall not a bad outcome.

The hard top on my 89 LJ73 disappeared while being transported from Orlando to Tennessee. Looking for a good used one to replace. I see custom soft tops on eBay going for $4700 which is stupid money.

View attachment 3475916

Glad to know you found your FRP :)

Btw. I am the only who makes these soft tops and currently sell them for $5000 to many mud members :)
It’s served as a replacement for more than 50+ 73/74 owners and the idea stemmed from a thread here on IH8Mud, where I saw many owners stressing the need for a soft top replacement for their FRP tops. I took the initiative and am glad we have many of those running around in the US, Europe and Australia :)

The ad on ebay is also mine and the price there is higher due to Ebay selling fees :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom