Hand Throttles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's the one...
Trick to removing your adjustable knob is a small flat screw driver through the slot pushing up on the flat spring.

The last set of numbers are good. Except for the nut. But the 80 series nut is available. I'm going to order them up and see what I get.

Will advise.

You have to love the Mud-collective thought and parts-chasing process. Hopefully Onur will be able to get a set and confirm that they indeed will work in the 80s.

:cheers:

Steve

91 FJ80

Mele Kalikimaka me ka Hau'oli Makahiki Hou

I'm pretty happy with my $10 old school choke cable from NAPA. I don't know why everyone is complicating things so much. It looks like it should be there too.

I used a cheap aftermarket choke cable (pull and turn to lock style). Square nylon license plate style nut on the throttle pedal, and a cable stop. I'm trying to find a write up.

Well, Toyota is sending the 7x series parts that I ordered yesterday based on Steve's list.

We'll see what we get when I get them next week.

Thanks.

I used a cheap aftermarket choke cable (pull and turn to lock style). Square nylon license plate style nut on the throttle pedal, and a cable stop. I'm trying to find a write up.

Given the cost this would be a great find:cheers:

Well, Toyota is sending the 7x series parts that I ordered yesterday based on Steve's list.

We'll see what we get when I get them next week.

Thanks.

I want one!! If it works, just because I like factory parts on my truck.

Even though a bicycle shifter cable would work fine too!

I'd be in.

6' is probably still a bit long to connect it to the foot pedal, but this might be an option:

EZTruckAccessories.com - VCGT Vernier Adjustable Locking Control Cable - 6 Feet*::*BP*VCGT3100X06

The part number of the six foot vernier cable (which lets you dial the engine speed by rotating the knob, or by depressing the center button & pulling the knob) is VCGT3100X06, and it's made by Buyer's Products, for future reference.

The choke cable I used was about 6'. I shortened it.

I'm pretty happy with my $10 old school choke cable from NAPA. I don't know why everyone is complicating things so much. It looks like it should be there too.

I check NAPA yesterday and all they had was the $31 locking T handle version:frown:

VAtoZone and Oreillys only stocked the non-locking type

6' is probably still a bit long to connect it to the foot pedal, but this might be an option:

EZTruckAccessories.com - VCGT Vernier Adjustable Locking Control Cable - 6 Feet*::*BP*VCGT3100X06

The part number of the six foot vernier cable (which lets you dial the engine speed by rotating the knob, or by depressing the center button & pulling the knob) is VCGT3100X06, and it's made by Buyer's Products, for future reference.

Lol, those are a LOT bigger than that picture makes them look... I seriously doubt they would even come close to fitting in the OEM location.

I had that exact cable in my cummins powered suburban, and while it worked good, it was much more suited to mounting directly through the floor pan (as they are in most big rigs).
The dash was simply too flimsy for it.

NAPA AUTO PARTS. It might not be the exact one, but very similar if it is not. The one I used had the round knob, it pulls out, and turn to lock. NAPA didn't exactly do a good job labeling them.

I going to give THIS $15 one a try. Plan is to shorten the cable to fit and install a cable stop on the end from a bike shop.
$(KGrHqIOKioE4p7-GfcBBOWQl2yV!g~~60_12.jpg

when mine broke i milled and taped a a #10 machine screw. it has been no issues for 2 years now. I just loosen the screw to take off, just dont over tighten it. repair cost was free since i had everything. Its not a perfect solution but i works like a charm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom