Half front door project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

curtislow

Third fj40
Threads
I'm in the process of finishing off a set of half doors from an early fj40 that I purchased on e-bay. They seem to have been cut for bestop upper halfs to be mounted when finished. They have a strip of steel welded on top (very nicely I might add) much better job than I could have done.
Does anyone have some pictures of thier half doors that show where the pipes ,hollow rods are to accept the upper doors. Are they welded on the inside of the door,or holes in the strip on top.I've tried to find some pictures maybe someone whose made a set of these can give me some tips on what they did or advice on what they wish they'd done. Thanks in advance.

I'm in the process of finishing off a set of half doors from an early fj40 that I purchased on e-bay. They seem to have been cut for bestop upper halfs to be mounted when finished. They have a strip of steel welded on top (very nicely I might add) much better job than I could have done.
Does anyone have some pictures of thier half doors that show where the pipes ,hollow rods are to accept the upper doors. Are they welded on the inside of the door,or holes in the strip on top.I've tried to find some pictures maybe someone whose made a set of these can give me some tips on what they did or advice on what they wish they'd done. Thanks in advance.
Apparently a not to popular mod.

I think a lot of folks here have a separate set of doors that are strictly used as half doors. When I was working on mine that's what I found to be the case. I found a used set of doors the same color as my truck and cut them to shape and had the top welded completely shut.

I have a set of doors in not too rosy condition that I'd like to cut into half doors. Post up pics of your halfsies.

I have a set of doors in not too rosy condition that I'd like to cut into half doors. Post up pics of your halfsies.
I'll have to figure out how to post some pictures, I was hoping some one with finished doors would show some pics of how they made their doors to accept the bestop soft top door uppers.

I'll have to figure out how to post some pictures, I was hoping some one with finished doors would show some pics of how they made their doors to accept the bestop soft top door uppers.

I have half doors like you are describing on my rig. Right now I do not have any close up photos though.

The way the doors work is that there are small tubes a few inches long welded into the top plate of the door that line up with the dowels coming down out of the Best Top window upper. The top of the door is cut to match the contour of the window as well.

I'll see if I can dig up some photos from when they were built, I need to find my old computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom