H55f on 2F help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright, so I have been digging around and I am pretty sure something is up.

So I have a 2F with a H55 installed from PO. My question is where should I be speed/RPM wise. I'm pushing 4k in 5th just to do 60mph. I'm fairly certain that the diffs have been geared down for larger tires because I am always about 5 under what my tach says but that doesn't affect the tach readout.

Any ideas?

Sounds like 4.88 gears if your on stock tires. You can do the math buy useing online calculators and imputing your tire size,tranny and gives rpm. Should be able to change inputs to match what you have going on.

That's extremely high for 5th. From what I understand, 5th with roughly 33s puts you around 2500rpms at 70.

What size tires?

Are you sure you're in 5th? :)

That's extremely high for 5th. From what I understand, 5th with roughly 33s puts you around 2500rpms at 70.

What size tires?

Are you sure you're in 5th? :)

I'm on 31's and I know I'm in 5th

It is extremely high which is why I'm consulting the group for some help. I'm thinking maybe there was a gear reduction done at some point maybe in the transfer case?

Ok with axle gears in the 4.88 range and 60 with say 31's you should be pushing 2500 rpm max.

So what size tires ? I need this input since we know the tranny is .84 or so in 5th.

So what size tires ? I need this input since we know the tranny is .84 or so in 5th.

31x10.5 r15

My tach shows about 5> than what I'm actually going which leads me to believe the diffs have been re-geared. But either way the speedo should still show 60mph at 2500.

To recreate what you are saying you would need an axle ration in the 7, nobody makes it, i.e. Won't fit, so you must have lower transfer case gears. I assume you mean 5 under speedometer?

Makes me think somebody re-geared the transfer case but swapped the wrong gear. I have no idea at this point, it has to be something like that.

To recreate what you are saying you would need an axle ration in the 7, nobody makes it, i.e. Won't fit, so you must have lower transfer case gears. I assume you mean 5 under speedometer?

any way I can identify if I have the factory transfer case? I'd like to order replacement gears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom