GX470 Stalled while driving, Now cranks no start. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings all! Had a little trouble with the GX today. Engine stalled on the freeway on the way home, got it pulled over and now... Crank no start. Pulled up Torque Pro, had a code for Crankshaft position sensor circuit A. I think... Haha. Stupid me, I thought I snapped a screen shot of the code before I cleared it to see if that would get me started again. Im almost certain it was the CPS code P0335. But could be CAMSHAFT position sensor A code P0437. I cranked it a few times with no luck, rescanned and no code. Currently being towed back to my shop (at a Ford Dealer :lol:) so I can poke around later.

No this is not a "Diagnose my truck over the internet" thread. Just curious if others have had similar problems/codes and what you found. I did have a new key made yesterday by a mobile key guy that comes to our dealership, so its not a Lexus OE key just a clone. It worked fine so far but got me thinking. I didn't notice any anti-theft lights or anything and I don't believe even if the truck stopped reading the key it would stall the engine...... It should only keep it from starting. At least that is the case in the Ford world. The system goes dormant once it reads the key and lets the engine start.

Anyways, I will try to dig into it tomorrow and will update the post in case someone, somewhere, might find it useful in the future. Any insight is welcome and appreciated!

Thanks!

Forgot to mention its a 08 GX470. 155k miles
Hi! This happened to me in March 2020 ended up being jacked up crankshaft position sensor wires.

but almost a year later I’m having similar issues, not as extreme where it would cut all power but I’ll get CEL code p0335 with timing belt service done in March 2021. I thought it is/was battery or alternator but I checked voltage on those and respectfully read 12.77 and 13.35

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom