Gx470 rear shocks (4Runner) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just some info for anyone needing to replace their rear shocks on their Lexus gx470:
The Monroe 37270 OE replacement 4Runner shocks bolt right up and are about $60 for the pair. This is a great alternative to spending the hundreds of dollars for the electric shocks.

I replaced front and rear with Gabriel quick struts and shocks intended for a 2007 V8 4runner. Paid about $280 for everything, shipped, from Rock Auto plus a voucher for free air tools they reneged on and sent me a $50 Visa card instead. Truck rides the way I imagine the "Sport" setting felt.

I just replaced my rears with Moog springs and Bilstein 5100s. No complaints. Haven't decided what to do about the fronts which also need to go.

FYI, I can't begin to tell you what a nightmare is was getting OEM rear shocks off. Two weeks of daily PB blaster did nothing. I have some tips for ya if you take on this project.

I just replaced my rears with Moog springs and Bilstein 5100s. No complaints. Haven't decided what to do about the fronts which also need to go.

FYI, I can't begin to tell you what a nightmare is was getting OEM rear shocks off. Two weeks of daily PB blaster did nothing. I have some tips for ya if you take on this project.

I know right?! Hours of PB blaster soaking, all the torque in the world wouldn’t break the top nut loose. I ended up cutting the shock at the very top to remove it. Just ordered coil overs for the front off ebay (shockmasters) for $180.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom