Gx470 cdl seems it won’t engage… (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
noobie post here, first thread. I got my 05 gx470 (no kdss) about a month ago and I just tried to engage the cdl and it doesn’t stop blinking…kinda is worrying me. If anyone knows what may cause the cdl light to keep flashing and not engaging it would be greatly appreciated. I haven’t found anything similar on other threads.

noobie post here, first thread. I got my 05 gx470 (no kdss) about a month ago and I just tried to engage the cdl and it doesn’t stop blinking…kinda is worrying me. If anyone knows what may cause the cdl light to keep flashing and not engaging it would be greatly appreciated. I haven’t found anything similar on other threads.
Hey guys I got it to function. But not when in park..
Tried in my driveway and put it in reverse for about 2 feet and it engaged right away. Now my only concern is if I possibly caused wear by using it in my driveway backing up 2 feet. :( paranoia sucks

You’re fine using it in your drive way going strait back and forth. It’s when you turn and cause binding that is bad on dry pavement

You’re fine using it in your drive way going strait back and forth. It’s when you turn and cause binding that is bad on dry pavement
Thank you! Great to hear haha. Appreciate the reply🤙💪

With the transmission in park there is driveline load being applied through the transfer case to the transmission, unless you are on perfectly level ground. This is because the transmission is keeping the GX from rolling. So the CDL binds and won't engage. I usually engage with the transmission in N and my foot on the brake so there is no applied load.

With the transmission in park there is driveline load being applied through the transfer case to the transmission, unless you are on perfectly level ground. This is because the transmission is keeping the GX from rolling. So the CDL binds and won't engage. I usually engage with the transmission in N and my foot on the brake so there is no applied load.
That’s great to know! Thanks. I’m glad I only tried it twice With it in park. Definitely don’t want to cause any damage to the equipment.

I don't think it will damage anything trying it in P, it just might not engage. Same thing goes for the 4H to 4L shift.

I don't think it will damage anything trying it in P, it just might not engage. Same thing goes for the 4H to 4L shift.
All of this help is awesome. Really appreciate it. Learning more and more everyday. When I first got it I was lost and didn’t mess with any controls except the height control that I’m fairly knowledgeable on. Off topic but yesterday my airbags started to sag heavily to the left unfortunately. So going to throw a 2” iron man lift on it soon. Or just fix the rear with a conversion but I really rather go with a lift since I am going to do that eventually anyway. Soon I’ll get to out that cdl in action!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom