GX460 vs GX470 Air Con (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So its 95+ here in Illinois and the heat index is well over 100. Our GX, with max everything on is just not cutting it.

We don't travel in this heat much and our GX is running fine so Im not getting rid of it, but:

Is the GX460 Air con better?

Any experience here in this forum?

So its 95+ here in Illinois and the heat index is well over 100. Our GX, with max everything on is just not cutting it.

We don't travel in this heat much and our GX is running fine so Im not getting rid of it, but:

Is the GX460 Air con better?

Any experience here in this forum?
Yes. Had a GX470 and GX460 at the same time when I lived in Texas. The GX460 (I still have) performed better and more consistent. Marginally though so keep that in mind.

Check your AC charge level lately?

We have rear air in the roof. If all is on full blast, it does ok.

Yes. Had a GX470 and GX460 at the same time when I lived in Texas. The GX460 (I still have) performed better and more consistent. Marginally though so keep that in mind.

Check your AC charge level lately?
So the 460 is not much better? Ouch.

Yea, I need to get it checked.

The AC in my 470 (front and rear) is very good. It's routinely those temps down here in MO and your rig should have no problems handling it. You might be slightly low on R134A, have a problem with one of the blend doors, etc. You can check the compressor function (which correlates with R134A levels) pretty easily with a manifold gauge set. If it is low on R134A you might have a leak somewhere, so I would strongly suggest fixing the leak (or having it fixed) prior to putting another can of R134A in it. The AC systems in these seem pretty robust, so I'm guessing you have a leak somewhere or there is an issue with the blend doors (which are known to not work when the servos that move them fail).

My 3 zone is like a meat freezer in my 460

I’d probably get my system checked if it is only marginal

IMG_1500.png
IMG_1501.png
IMG_1502.png
IMG_1503.png

Looks like the front AC unit on 460 is rated at 21,312.5 BTU and the rear is 12,276 BTU

Last edited:

What I mean to say is when both systems are fully charged and working properly there isn't a whole lot of difference.

Well, I found the culprit. I am so sorry that I bothered everyone, although it is good to know the 460 and 470 have the same performing air conditioning.

filter.jpg

It sounds like you have an issue like low refrigerant or something. I have the 3 zone 460 and it can get really cold, really fast even on the hottest days. My assumption would be that the 470 might take a while to get things cooled down but shouldn't have an issue keeping it cool if everything is working right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom