Gx rses dvd player problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks. I bought this GX470 (2007), it has nav and rear entertainment. The rear dvd player has not worked for me since day one. No power, nothing... I have searched the internet including Mud’ and seen many conflicting answers.

Some say it can be powered up without a remote (I have no remote) and others say you need it to even turn the player on. I am hard pressed to believe that the thing wont even light up without the remote. Has anyone had this issue? At this point I am considering fitting an aftermarket roof mounted unit, but worried there will be issues interfacing it with the center console volume/headphone jacks etc. And info or experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Josh

I had the rear entertainment working without a remote for about a month. Then it stopped Working and I cannot get the display to turn on.

The sequence was something like this.

1. Turn car on.
  2. Stay in park. Cannot be moving.
  3. Engage emergency brake. This is required!
  4. Turn radio on.
  5. Insert DVD front label facing rear of car. Laser portion facing front of car.
  6. Press AUDIO and then Press DISC until system finds DVD
  7. Press PICTURE and OK to start movie on rear overhead display

@HomersCanyonero Ok I think somthing is amiss here, mine has a vertical disc loading slot. Its on the dvd player itself up on the roof.

Edit* My GX is equipped with the ML audio system aswell, if that matters.

Last edited:
I have a 2003 GX470 and the DVD player is on the floor behind the center console. It's the rear entertainment system. I have ML system and navigation as well.

RearDVD.jpg

I didn't realize 2007 could be much different. Anyways, the kids use the iPhones or iPads connected to unlimited cell data, so they can stream movies, youtube videos, and FB videos onto their devices.

@HomersCanyonero oh yeah dude, where the disc is being inserted there, is cup holders in mine! Haha yeah Im only seeing the dvd player for that version online. None with the front disc load like mine.

Download the owners manual for the 2007 GX470 from Lexus Owners. It's free. Check to see if you have a stock OEM DVD player or an aftermarket one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom