GX Map (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Guess this is as good a place as any to make my first post. Long time lurker, decided I should probably go ahead and make an account because I know I already have some questions as I move forward. I took the plunge and bought a 2006 GX470, and if someone wants to add me to the map I am in the Clarksville area.

I am a new Lexus owner from Alabaster, Alabama. A fellow Alabamian introduced me to the GXOR group and I ask lots of questions over there.

Welcome :)

Added my pin to Renton, WA. Picking up my 2006 Sport on Thursday =)

I also added a pin to Gallagher Head Lake... Anyone in WA needs to make a point of getting up there. It's not accessible in the winter due to it's elevation, but the other 3 seasons it provides some EXCELLENT camping. The lake itself is a mosquito haven, but there is another trail that climbs up above the lake and has far fewer bugs. One of my favorite spots in Washington.

The trail is likely "moderate" I suppose though I have had a stock, base model, 4x4 Tacoma follow me up. If you have any idea how to drive you can make it to the lake =). The trail above the lake has a decent obstacle right at the start but it can be bypassed. The very end of that trail has a couple good hill climbs, one of which I have seen many vehicles without lockers (and some with) struggle to get up.

The lake
DSC_0013 by Alex Wilson, on Flickr

That first obstacle (the one you can bypass)
Gallagher Head Lake 005 by Alex Wilson, on Flickr

Here's that last hill climb... Easy peasy for my 4Runner
Gallagher Head Lake 008 by Alex Wilson, on Flickr

The view, camping up above the lake
DSC_0042 by Alex Wilson, on Flickr

Last edited:
Great idea! I added my location a few known off road parks in my area.

For those who are having trouble dropping a pin: Sign in to Google (top right corner) and then you can edit the map (top left corner).

Hey I am fairly new to the GX world, I've owned mine for about 6 months now but have never been wheeling with someone else who has one so the map is an excellent idea! Here are some before and current photos of my 07 non KDSS. Going to drop my pin in Hutchinson Ks.

lexus 4.jpg

lexus 3.jpg

Prophecy, I see you are located in Rose Hill, you should join up with Konza Overland on facebook. We had a good group ride in the Flint Hills just a few weeks ago. I was the only GX in the group you should join along someday.

KONZA 1.jpg

Just added my spot in Arkansas. The ONLY member posted here haha. I know there's someone else here that has to be local to me.

PS - I am so envious of the beautiful sights where some of you guys are in Washington. Breathtaking...

Hi all, I added a pin. I just picked up my '09 GX on Saturday (no KDSS, NAV, 63K mi). So far, I am really liking it although I am still getting used to driving a larger car (my current car was a '13 TDI wagon that is going back to VW this week). I have to say, many of the posters in the forum were influential in my decision to get a GX and I look forward to enjoying it.

As she sat at the dealership:

Btw most of the pins are from gxor on fb. We are cross posting to here as much as we can to support both.

Been wanting to get up there by truck, that area is really cool, lots of awesome terrain in WA if you know where to start!
Teanaway, cle Elum river, have some great off road trails and awesome snowmobiling!

Newbie to this forum... But I am in Hoover, AL
We just recently purchased an '04 GX470. Looking forward to learning and fixing it up for the family adventures.

Would love to get with your group sometime, but the wife and I are unable to find a FB link to the site. A link would be great when you have a moment.

Jeremy

Added myself.

Looks like we should have a 120 series meet in Atlanta. Quite a few members around here.

Yep! I will see what I can setup. I would be happy to host something at the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom