GX 470 Here I come...Any Advise? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all. I am looking at getting a GX 470 and wanted to know what I should look for/look out for.

I have read the 120 Series Faq page but wanted to get some more Advice. I am currently looking at a 2007/160,00 miles.

Oh and by the way, I will be posting the sale of my 80 series in the next 30days.

-Check for transfer case leak at center diff lock actuator and connector
-check front lower radiator support for rust--I've seen them rusted to hell many times
-check for radiator leaks
-check rear airbags functionality
-timing belt and water pump due every 90k so verify its been done

-Check for transfer case leak at center diff lock actuator and connector
-check front lower radiator support for rust--I've seen them rusted to hell many times
-check for radiator leaks
-check rear airbags functionality
-timing belt and water pump due every 90k so verify its been done

Is there any year to stay away from? Or what is a good year?

Is there any year to stay away from? Or what is a good year?

They're all pretty close to the same other than the vvti change in '05 and a few changes here and there and then there were a few options across them:

2003-2004 - non-vvti 2UZ-FE, 235hp, A750F 5-spd auto, full-time 4WD
2005+ - vvti 2UZ-FE, 263-270HP, A750F 5-spd auto, full-time 4WD

-kdss equipped - decide if you want/care about kdss
-non-vav vs nav - decide if you want one with factory navigation or not. Very limited options for upgrading/changing out the factory Nav. Non-nav--many more options.
-2007+ model year added an aux port connection in the center console for the radio
-sport trim - all gray/black interior and "smoked" headlights (vs the standard yellow-ish color)
-third row seats - most of them have them, but not all
-rear spoiler/air-wing - some like it, some don't

Last edited:
test-driving is better than looking, just sayin'

They're all pretty close to the same other than the vvti change in '05 and a few changes here and there and then there were a few options across them:

2003-2004 - non-vvti 2UZ-FE, 235hp, A750F 5-spd auto, full-time 4WD
2005+ - vvti 2UZ-FE, 263-270HP, A750F 5-spd auto, full-time 4WD

-kdss equipped - decide if you want/care about kdss
-non-vav vs nav - decide if you want one with factory navigation or not. Very limited options for upgrading/changing out the factory Nav. Non-nav--many more options.
-2007+ model year added an aux port connection in the center console for the radio
-sport trim - all gray/black interior (no wood), "smoked" headlights (vs the standard yellow-ish color)
-third row seats - most of them have them, but not all
-rear spoiler/air-wing - some like it, some don't
Sports have black wood trim, with the exception of the pieces on either side of the center console (which are plastic).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom