Builds GW Nugget's Family Haulin Lx450 build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Photo Bomb...
Where is all the snow?
4Ds with J springs, so out of the BOX!
@Apounder it looks like you can reduce your rear bump stop by about an inch to gain a bit more up travel. What do you think?

Starting to get sunny! Negative on the bump stop tire will still come up another 2inches and stuff easily just didn't need the extra articulation in that spot!
Sorry for the photo bomb :D looks like your truck is coming a long! You will get more down travel with the 37s due to the weight if you have any issues not using all of your shocks now!

Photo Bomb any time... @Apounder

OK all, I need to decide between the Luved ST Maxx or the new STT Pro....
All specs are very similar but the Maxx .25" wider in tread. The rim will be 7.5" wide.
My daily drive is appox 20 miles per day 7,000 per year. My use is mall wheeling & granite rock trails here in the Sierra Nevada's.
The Maxx is a very square tire & in a 37 in might cause some rubbing issues...
Give me your opinion.
discovererstmaxx.png
DiscovererSTTPro_LgTread.png

8" wide rim.
Screenshot_2016-03-29-12-26-48.jpg

7.5" rim.
Screenshot_2016-03-29-14-18-21.jpg

9" rim.
Screenshot_2016-03-24-09-47-08.jpg

Last edited:
why arent you also looking at the new BFG All terrains? i have the STT pros and like em so far, they do great in the snow but wont be wheeling them until the snow melts! i DD about 50 miles a day. they also aren't super loud coming from duratracs!

If you want a better pic of the Stt pro on a 7.5" wheel let me know.

Last edited:
Got 37s?
I just did!
Finally, three sets of tires later in 1.5 years...
I really didn't think they would fit without major modification, so I went 315s.
Since I did a lot of reading here on IH8MUD and found that it was very possible. A shout goes out to all the people who did it before me & documented it here on IH8MUD. I went with the Arizona Boys method of fitment. Special thanks goes out to @Tools R Us & @richardlillard1 .
I choose to go with a 4.9"/125mm back space 4Runner wheel & 1" spacers. They do come very close to everything with some very slight rubbing. With some small tweaks I should be able to flex it out worry free.
I have 2.5" suspension lift with a 1" body lift.
Basically a 3.5" lift. Cooper ST MAXX tires spec out to be a tad taller than the STT Pro.
More info coming... let's go wheelin.

20160401_083932-jpg.1234735

20160331_143904.jpg

The 37" lugs have more spacing than the 315s.
20160331_145201.jpg

The 3.9" back space looks pretry good. I was shooting for 3.75".
20160331_151823.jpg

Last edited:
Test Flex Fitting new 37" ST Maxx tires on 4runner wheels with the Lx450 Cruiser

I had a little bit of time to stretch her legs out yesterday in the creek bed. I went to my favorite spots as usual.
All I have to say is if it doesn't rub then it's about .25" away from doing so, EVERYWHERE!
These pics are with the sway bar on, it does flex much better with it off.
Way better.
At this point I dare not disco the sway until I cut the front fenders or better said, gut the insides of my front fenders. Yes, I will retain the front flares & clading.
Only one other rig I've seen has done this. Here are some poser shots.

Can you say one stuffed 37?
The side wall tread is completely in there.
My right rear (RR) only rubs the top of the fender.

The left rear (LR) is a different story... it rubs in three spots.

The fronts will need bump stops pucks or some inner fender gutting... I'm definitely going to cut & here is how.

Last edited:
179,020 miles...
Went with the tried & true 10W-30 Mobil 1.
Even got the Mobil filter, it was on sale.
20160406_165134.jpg
20160406_165152.jpg

OK, got the front tires to clearance for now...
THIS IS TEMPORARY.
I had to put in some 1.5" front bump stop pucks & use a 3 pound hammer.
I now only have 3.5" of uptravel though, not liking this at all.
To get my uptravel back I will need to cut the fenders.
I'm finding out why the 4" lift is so popular for bigger tires. I would have 4.5" to 5" of uptravel if I had a taller lift. I don't want the taller lift so I will cut & remove the pucks later.
For the rear I will need to go from a 1.25" bump to a 2" bump stop.
Don't forget i have a 1" body lift if you are looking to do the same.

I had fun today shooting some silly how to vids, just having fun with the LX & I'm out...
Enjoy!

Last edited:
LOL those videos, great job filming and pounding!

So were the cops there for you?

No, there was a traffic accident there the day before...
It was just funny when I looked up while doing the video. :doh:

ARB Twin Air Compressor temp set up.

I've had several people connect with me about my ARB install, so I decided to put the update here.
Wellllll, it's not in the rear quarter panel just yet... for now it's in a milk crate, but it's works like a champ. I need to purchase the proper landing terminals & finish my dual battery set up.
The 1st time I used it the air coming out was so HOT that it softened the hose enough that it slipped off the clamp. Since then I put together a steel braided hose to help with heat distribution.

Last edited:
2" Rear Bump Stops a installed.

I made some 2" rear bump stops out of some square tube. It was to big of a jump up in size. Meaning going from 1.25" bumps to 2" was to much. After getting them on & making measurements it lowered the tire by 1.5" wild Eh? Here is some pics to show. Just .75" difference did this.

Just to show how close these 37"s are to everthing. Here is more pics.

Last edited:
Last Sunday I just had to "Get out of Dodge" as some would say... I took my girls to Pismo/Oceano dunes it's a great place to go & drive on the sand.
My 9 year old shot a video for me, I just have to laugh from a father's heart... its definitely an narrative from her veiw point. At least it made me laugh.
BEWARE IT'S SHAKY
Enjoy.
Oh yeah I also got stuck... then I twisted that dial on the dash & back right out. Elockers are the best thing ever.

Last edited:
I measured 125mm/4.89" BS & 7.5" wide.
Stock LX wheels are 4.5" BS & 8" wide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom