GSMTR 2014 (1 Viewer)

Who is planning on going to GSMTR this year?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys. Great meeting some of you, great seeing the rest again!

Hope to do this again sooner than later.

image.jpg

What key?

For those that don't know, my key went missing between last night and this AM. No idea how it walked away.

Fortunately I still had an alarm fob... So I called AAA, they said an hour. And hour and a half later they said maybe by 2PM.

So I talked to Mark a bit since he apparently knows a thing or two about ripping out the ignition and confirmed we just had to hit the crap out of it to get the cylinder out.

So yeah, my only damage this year. And it was on pavement.

And oh, after I load it up it pisses power steering fluid all over. I checked it a few hours ago and it seems ok tho... Not sure what that was all about.

I'm around an hour from home now...

image.jpg

Arg!!! How did it end??? :lol:
I made it shortly after that with no further damage. I think they might've had to pave a little more if I remember right. No control with that God-forsaken automatic transmission though.

In reality though, it isn't the auto that's the problem, its the lack of crawler gears or duals. The auto is surely an asset in the truck's current form. (I still hate it though)

Steve- is the 80 locked? (92, I'm guessing not) And those looked like swampers. How big are they? I'm trying to judge whether my 80 would make it through there. Sliders looked important. My rockers are beat, but the doors still seal. I think I'll put some sliders on the billet.

Steve- is the 80 locked? (92, I'm guessing not) And those looked like swampers. How big are they? I'm trying to judge whether my 80 would make it through there. Sliders looked important. My rockers are beat, but the doors still seal. I think I'll put some sliders on the billet.
This one is a 94 and is fully locked. I have a 92 at "home" in Washington that isn't locked.

The tires are 34x10.5x16 TSL's. They fit nicely with the [supposedly] 4.5" Ironman lift. With a 2" body lift and some minor trimming you may be able to clear 36's IMO.

And yes, sliders would've helped a lot. Along with that, some better flex would've been a huge asset too. But then again, where does that list of "if I only had..." ever really end?

Thanks for the info. I'm set up similar with a J lift and 315's. I have a friend with a machine/fab shop. I need to talk to him about a 1x3 sliders.

But then again, where does that list of "if I only had..." ever really end?

I'm not sure, but those guys in the rock buggys proved to me that it's a lot further away than I want to go...

I'm not sure, but those guys in the rock buggys proved to me that it's a lot further away than I want to go...

Carter--great wheeling with you guys!! Glad the lack of a key got worked out.

I'll second Steve's comment, he hated wheeling that thing so we used it as a Booz-Cruz mobile on thursday after all the rain, that worked out great.

Pics-- considering I was there all week I don't have many.
https://tedkinseywheelingtrips.shutterfly.com/2594

Couple of Videos, I have more to upload.

20140511_164905.jpg
20140512_194645.jpg
20140515_171803.jpg
20140517_142039.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome videos. Those trails the big wheel trucks went on look fun.

Not a wheeling picture, but I thought it was pretty cool...

This is Cory's broken birf at about 2 am on Sunday morning
photo (11).JPG
after being in the Appalachia Cruiser's fire for 2 hours...

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1400623447.745019.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1400623460.078276.jpg

Sporting the stickers thx carter!

A few others..
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1400623519.678128.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1400623539.311561.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1400623579.811495.jpg

From Inside a hotel

Hah! That's great.

On the way home going down 75, a guy pulled out in front of Luis. He then promptly put a cup out the window, filled with what I assume to be coffee, that sprayed all over the front of the truck.

While I have no way of knowing for sure, I wonder if the sticker had anything to do with it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom