GROUP BUY - Element Fire Extinguishers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Crusha

Self-censoring my mud posts...
SILVER Star
Threads
CLCC is possibly putting together a group buy direct from Element.

If anyone is interested, speak up, so we can get a rough total. I'll cover the initial cash outlay, as well as distribution within the club.

Looks like they sell for $79 on the website so about $68 with the group buy for 10? Put me down for 1.

I'm down for one.

I will buy one.

If this materializes, I committed to 30.

This way, everyone is covered, including late comers

I was just thinking this weekend about how I'm tired of my big ass 5-gallon extinguisher breaking loose of its zip ties and smashing into my rear heater repeatedly. I'd be in as well possibly for 3-4 if my wife wants one for her car. I haven't had a car catch fire yet, but I did have the garage catch fire this summer so it would be great if I could move the big traditional extinguisher into the garage.

Given that I've never had my truck actually catch fire - any thoughts on sizing? Looks like there are 50 second and 100 second discharge options. More is better, obviously, but what's everyone else going with? Seems like 2 50 second extinguisers strapped to either side of the roll bar would be nice from a feng-shui perspective. If folks think a single 100-second burn (or two 100-second burns) would be better I could potentially be convinced.

I ordered thirty 50 second units.

50 seconds is a looooong time.

I ordered thirty 50 second units.

50 seconds is a looooong time.

Yeah sorry I was stuck in a meeting when I asked that (clearly paying a lot of attention too) but I think my big 5lber only lasts like 15 seconds or something. The 2lber even less. Sounds like I should ditch both of those guys and mount up a couple of these, relegate the 2lber to the kitchen and the 5lber to the garage.

Sign me up for 3 for now - one for wife, one for the 40, and one for the Mazda, although really if the Mazda catches fire at this point I'm just going to let it burn - the fire extinguisher is worth more.

From a fire fighter prospective- if you can’t get it out with a 50 second extinguisher things are not going to end well. Car fires- once fuel lines get involved they go quick- but can be saved if you can get the hood open quick enough. 2 50 second units is a good amount of protection .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom