1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

got the lv painted,..sort of

Discussion in 'FJ45 Owners Club' started by Lito, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Lito

Lito

Okay, I've been lurking here for a while. I had posted here a while ago about my cousin's lv that I inherited and decided to bring back to life. Last summer I drove it back from Boise to St. Louis. After spending a couple weeks ignoring my kids and breathing in paint, rust, dust, bee hives and mice nests, I decided it would be better to hire a professional. Figured in the long run I'd be happier to do what I do, and pay someone who knows what they do. So I've been a little hesitant to post here, I don't want to look like the guy with the wallet who just buys a lot of toys, that's not really me. Long story short, the shop I chose to do the paint just posted some pics on their site and I thought you lv fans might get a kick out of it. Here it is, enjoy
    http://www.dougjenkinscustomhotrods.com/show_trucks.html

2. MDH33

MDH33

That's outstanding. You truly must love that thing if even the "rustiness" was sentimental. I hope it gives you many more years of enjoyment.

:cheers:

3. burbankianfj45wagon

burbankianfj45wagon

wow the lv looks tough and awesome. mine is at proffitts cruisers. i hope it will look at least close to yours.

4. fogblanket

fogblanket SILVER Star

I can feel your pain as far as the mouse house goes. I took off a section of the rear quarter panel and about 8lb's of dirt fell out:( for awhile everytime I banged on it for anyreason a pound or so would be on the floor.
    your lv looks good must be niced riving it now. I keep learning as i restore mine but i am still leaning toward getting the final color and clear coat done proffesionally.
    Jason

5. Owyhee Jackass

Owyhee Jackass

I hope you kept the mural on the tail-gate?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  6. Lito

Lito

Yep, I just had them clear coat over the 'mural', kept the snuff tin lid as the horn button, and they also found that my cousin's wife had scratched "Stacey + Paul" inside the glove box so I kept that intact also. Finally got the steering dialed in, too.

7. Hulk

Hulk

Lito, are you a TLCA member? I'd like to feature your truck on the TLCA web site.

Matt Farr
    webmaster, TLCA

8. orangefj45

orangefj45 Supporting Vendor

very cool! a buddy sent me a link to it yesterday. dig the look!!!!!:D

9. Owyhee Jackass

Owyhee Jackass

Cool! How'd you fix the steering?

10. Lito

Lito

Hulk, sent you a pm.
    OJ, Seems the steering was a little of everything. Caster is only +2 degrees, toe-in was a little off, power steering needed a little adjusting of the ball valve (?), and seems I was running the tire pressure at the high end and the tires were sort of crowning. I'm still tempted to get some caster plates to get it around 4 or 5 degress. Still scary at 75mph, but I don't keep it there very long anyways, can't hear myself think it's so loud.

11. Chef

Chef

I pray they find nowhere near the rust I found in my truck that looked that good;)
    Don't be shy, post prgress pics Carl. We love you, your truck and god bless your wallet. I'd do it that way if I could:)

12. treerootCO

treerootCO Where are my keys?! SILVER Star

I keep coming back to this thread. Love the "new" look :D