got the lv painted,..sort of (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okay, I've been lurking here for a while. I had posted here a while ago about my cousin's lv that I inherited and decided to bring back to life. Last summer I drove it back from Boise to St. Louis. After spending a couple weeks ignoring my kids and breathing in paint, rust, dust, bee hives and mice nests, I decided it would be better to hire a professional. Figured in the long run I'd be happier to do what I do, and pay someone who knows what they do. So I've been a little hesitant to post here, I don't want to look like the guy with the wallet who just buys a lot of toys, that's not really me. Long story short, the shop I chose to do the paint just posted some pics on their site and I thought you lv fans might get a kick out of it. Here it is, enjoy
http://www.dougjenkinscustomhotrods.com/show_trucks.html

That's outstanding. You truly must love that thing if even the "rustiness" was sentimental. I hope it gives you many more years of enjoyment.

:cheers:

I can feel your pain as far as the mouse house goes. I took off a section of the rear quarter panel and about 8lb's of dirt fell out:( for awhile everytime I banged on it for anyreason a pound or so would be on the floor.
your lv looks good must be niced riving it now. I keep learning as i restore mine but i am still leaning toward getting the final color and clear coat done proffesionally.
Jason

I hope you kept the mural on the tail-gate?

Last edited:
Yep, I just had them clear coat over the 'mural', kept the snuff tin lid as the horn button, and they also found that my cousin's wife had scratched "Stacey + Paul" inside the glove box so I kept that intact also. Finally got the steering dialed in, too.

very cool! a buddy sent me a link to it yesterday. dig the look!!!!!:D

Lito said:
Yep, I just had them clear coat over the 'mural', kept the snuff tin lid as the horn button, and they also found that my cousin's wife had scratched "Stacey + Paul" inside the glove box so I kept that intact also. Finally got the steering dialed in, too.

Cool! How'd you fix the steering?

Hulk, sent you a pm.
OJ, Seems the steering was a little of everything. Caster is only +2 degrees, toe-in was a little off, power steering needed a little adjusting of the ball valve (?), and seems I was running the tire pressure at the high end and the tires were sort of crowning. I'm still tempted to get some caster plates to get it around 4 or 5 degress. Still scary at 75mph, but I don't keep it there very long anyways, can't hear myself think it's so loud.

I pray they find nowhere near the rust I found in my truck that looked that good;)
Don't be shy, post prgress pics Carl. We love you, your truck and god bless your wallet. I'd do it that way if I could:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom