Good shop for rebuild or potential swap in TX? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

I'd like to wade into the waters of paying someone much more technically savvy than me to swap a 1HDT series engine into my 1PZ PZJ77. I'd also like to explore the possibilities of rebuilding the 1PZ and slapping a turbo on there. If neither of those are viable, maybe an R2.8 swap?

Beyond that, I'd like this thing to be mechanically sound AF so I don't have to worry about it breaking down in the backcountry. I've got the cash, I just need a reputable cruiser dude to help me get it done. Preferably in or close to TX.

Any recommendations?

Better to pick the right shop then the close shop. Transport cost anywhere in the US will be minimal compared to the parts and labor of any of those options.

Better to pick the right shop then the close shop. Transport cost anywhere in the US will be minimal compared to the parts and labor of any of those options.
Good advice, I guess it really is a drop in the bucket compared to the cost of the whole project. Any recommendations for shops further afield?

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I'd like to wade into the waters of paying someone much more technically savvy than me to swap a 1HDT series engine into my 1PZ PZJ77. I'd also like to explore the possibilities of rebuilding the 1PZ and slapping a turbo on there. If neither of those are viable, maybe an R2.8 swap?

Beyond that, I'd like this thing to be mechanically sound AF so I don't have to worry about it breaking down in the backcountry. I've got the cash, I just need a reputable cruiser dude to help me get it done. Preferably in or close to TX.

Any recommendations?
Goode's Offroad in Rowlett has swapped a few R2.8's in cruisers already

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom