Good brake bleeder for 100? Going to do my rear brakes (1 Viewer)

I blead the brake about a week ago.

Key on engine off, paddle pressed in and hold.. crack open the bleeder screw rear passenger and wait... and KEEP an eye on the fluid level in the reservoir. You'll hear pump running and pushing fliud out of the bleeder screw. I got about 400 mL. Then close the bleeder. Refil and turn the ignition off. Wait and turn the ignition on again and continue left rear... repeat. Took no more then 40 minutes to bleed all 4.

After doing the last wheel, leave fluid between low and max. Give about 10 hours to see the actual level and add as needed. Mornings I have the level to the mid point of "Aisin" lettering and upon starting the engine, the level droppes to MAX.

zhloea

SILVER Star
Plug the cord into a laptop that has Techstream and also the OBD port, then:
Hi, do we have a complete brake flush process post somewhere? I am still confusing, are abs bleeding and brake bleeding different or just the same thing? If I want to flush my brake system then what kind of bleeding I should do?

flintknapper

SILVER Star
Hi, do we have a complete brake flush process post somewhere? I am still confusing, are abs bleeding and brake bleeding different or just the same thing? If I want to flush my brake system then what kind of bleeding I should do?

'Proper' brake bleeding should always include activating the ABS while there is pressure on the brake system to force any air (that can be trapped in the ABS) out along with the fluid. So it is not a separate procedure Per Se. You won't necessarily have air in the ABS....but it is possible.

Generally, what I do is bleed my brakes until I have clear fluid and no air bubbles coming out of all four calipers. Then I will activate the ABS several times and go back around and make a quick check for any air bubbles. Usually I will have very little if any additional bleeding to do.

There are a few ways to bleed the brakes depending upon whether you have help or are doing it by yourself. Probably best to do a search on that and read how others accomplish it.

I blead the brake about a week ago.

Key on engine off, paddle pressed in and hold.. crack open the bleeder screw rear passenger and wait... and KEEP an eye on the fluid level in the reservoir. You'll hear pump running and pushing fliud out of the bleeder screw. I got about 400 mL. Then close the bleeder. Refil and turn the ignition off. Wait and turn the ignition on again and continue left rear... repeat. Took no more then 40 minutes to bleed all 4.

After doing the last wheel, leave fluid between low and max. Give about 10 hours to see the actual level and add as needed. Mornings I have the level to the mid point of "Aisin" lettering and upon starting the engine, the level droppes to MAX.
^^This.
You need a few feet of 6mm/1/4: hose. 10mm wrench.
Every other post (except techstream) is complicating the process. LC will ‘bleed’ itself. Fronts go a bit slower.

Please read the manual.
(Manual has procedure for Toyota hand held tester -( I assume techstream works the same way no need to press brake peddle 40 times). This procedure keeps pump running - don't let fluid run out.

If you are not activating the ABS pump - You are doing it wrong. :frown:
- Kevin.

All you need:
(Longer hose helpful)

Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 10.18.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 10.17.33 AM.png

Last edited:

zhloea

SILVER Star
'Proper' brake bleeding should always include activating the ABS while there is pressure on the brake system to force any air (that can be trapped in the ABS) out along with the fluid. So it is not a separate procedure Per Se. You won't necessarily have air in the ABS....but it is possible.

Generally, what I do is bleed my brakes until I have clear fluid and no air bubbles coming out of all four calipers. Then I will activate the ABS several times and go back around and make a quick check for any air bubbles. Usually I will have very little if any additional bleeding to do.

There are a few ways to bleed the brakes depending upon whether you have help or are doing it by yourself. Probably best to do a search on that and read how others accomplish it.
Thanks! when you said "I will activate the ABS several times", you mean hook up with your tester/Techstream then go through the steps guided by the tester/Techstream?
(compare with that "dirt" method, I think that Techstream is much more reasonable to me)

flintknapper

SILVER Star
Thanks! when you said "I will activate the ABS several times", you mean hook up with your tester/Techstream then go through the steps guided by the tester/Techstream?
(compare with that "dirt" method, I think that Techstream is much more reasonable to me)

I don't have TechStream so the 'dirt' method is what I use. But convenient for me since I live on my ranch. All of my 'dirt' is right outside the door. I can jump in the vehicle go skid it in a pasture and be back at my shop in minutes. 👍

But yes, TechStream would be the way to go if you have it.

Reading through the thread, a few points come to mind:

First check booster motor run time to charge accumulator. 30 to 40 second is spec. at ~12.4V (volts measured at battery). Do before and after!

Flush the accumulator. I flush 5 times.

Make sure to not over fill. Institution for topping are on the reservoir.

Brake reservoir (1).JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom