getting antsy... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The compressor is rebuildable - I think O'Reilly has a seal kit for it for like $20. Can't be that big of a deal to rebuild...

You'll need to do what I do with the inside and find something to absorb the heat that comes into the cab from the exhaust pipes while it's sitting. I swear I'd like to kick the crap out of whoever at Toyota decided to put the cat directly under the driver's seat. Brilliant.

I think exped is the way to go for these things...they're just designed for it, you know?

How bad is your carpet? Post up some digital photos of it - I may have some tips for cleaning it up (if that's all that's wrong with it).

so why do you have the old compresor to begin with? didn't pull it out of yours did you? i thought you were doing all of that work to fix the a/c.

carpet is torn out up front. the windshield gasket was leaking so bad that it basically ruined it. i tore out all of the front carpet. really all i need to do is get the gasket replaced and then find some used carpet (brown) or go with something other than carpet.

your so right about that CAT. try it with no carpet, just ask gumby how that drive was with no carpet AND no a/c down from IL earlier this summer. :D

Gumby needed to loose a few pounds - the sauna drive was good for him. :D

The old compressor is the one I pulled out of my truck. I found a good used one and just replaced it instead of rebuilding the stupid thing. I was too pissed to mess with it. I thought about rebuilding it to have a back up, but you know...screw it. It leaks at the front shaft near the clutch/pulley.

Get some of that green indoor/outdoor carpet and replace your seats with cedar lawn furniture. You'd have a totally retro backyard look, right in your truck! (I know that Mace is reading this and thinking..."Hell Yeah!" :D ) - Replacment carpet is a bitch though. I think if you get new carpet, it'll cost about $1.25 million (US) per square foot...the interior replacement pieces seem to be made of magic and butterfly farts, just like FJ62s (the only thing I can account for cost-wise, at least.) And any of the replacement stuff I've seen in auto parts stores is aways cheap and black...we need to invent something here...

i might take the compressor, but i have to figure out why the a/c doesn't work first.... :eek:

my seats are in good shape thanks to the PO...only thing i can really thank him for. :mad:

no way in hell i'm buying NEW carpet. i've already dumped enough money into this rig on other stupid things. i'll go carpetless before buying new carpet. there was another thread with some good ideas on carpet alternatives. i'll have to dig it up whenever i get around to replacing it....i'm still just trying to get everything unpacked in the house and make room for the cruiser in the garage.

instead of carpet use kitty litter or sand so when it gets dirty ya just scoop it out.... i always have about an inch of sand on my floor over the carpet...surfer bum

lowtideride said:
instead of carpet use kitty litter or sand so when it gets dirty ya just scoop it out.... i always have about an inch of sand on my floor over the carpet...surfer bum
You obviously don't have cats in your neighborhood..

If I did that and even left the window down for 15 mins....

:puke:

lowtideride said:

where the fawk you been hiding lately...hardly ever see you on here these days.
not that i have been much either...

swank60 said:
Hmmm, you know what, it is...
http://store.yahoo.com/coolfj40/coceccfj.html

I wonder if the quality is as good...

CCOTs a decent place. had some crappy aftermarket stuff they said was "better than OEM!" so just a bit hesitant...

the tuffy is sweet! if your gonna get one - id get the real deal! my .02

rob

sl33py said:
CCOTs a decent place. had some crappy aftermarket stuff they said was "better than OEM!" so just a bit hesitant...

the tuffy is sweet! if your gonna get one - id get the real deal! my .02

rob

Agreed. Liquid Offroad has them for almost the same price. (the real deal)

patride71 said:
where the fawk you been hiding lately...hardly ever see you on here these days.
not that i have been much either...

Well surfs up today, thats were Al is!!!

i just walked in the door. Just got back from Atlanta....picked up a SOA 40 on 36's for my lil bro....man im tired.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom