Getting an FJ 43 from Colombia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys!
I'm interested to know any experiences in bringing an FJ 43 from Colombia.
The car has been in my family for a while but I now live in California and I would love to bring it here. I would probably get it in good shape before bring it here. Disc Brakes, new soft top and power steering.

HEre are some pics :)

IMG_6347.jpg

IMG_6348.jpg

IMG_6345.jpg

If anyone knows, do I have to do anything in particular to the engine to pass smog in California?

Be gas should be a lot easier to import to California. The bib is 79+ but cowl looks 75-77. Personally unless you know who is doing the work in Colombia I would have the work done there. Cheaper labor no doubt but quality isn't always there. I know some high end restores are being done south of the border now but will come with a high price tag. To get to that level piece meal it out and doing work yourself would be cheaper.

I had Tom Watson from N2Cruisers import a 43 for me a couple of years ago. You might find him in the FJ43 classifieds.
He could shed light on the import side of things. Maybe?

Also look up AJ. He imports in to Texas also.

devo

Could be tough I just looked at some info on imports and if it isn’t 1968 or older you will have issues. Diesels can be a bit newer I want to say it was 1978. Not 100% certain but definitely work with someone that has experience.

Actually here is the link I found:

HTVR 09A

Gotta love Kalifornia and our emissions issues... :censor:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom