Gen2 4R Roof Rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pappy

photosynthesizing
Threads
Folks, I've been all over the web looking for roof rack options for a 90-95 4Runner. Seems nothing is out there that will support a roof tent. I've been looking for something like the racks from PrinSu, Baja Racks, or Front Runner. I've even looked at load bars, and the only thing I see that might work was from RhinoRack. Unfortunately, emails to RhinoRack, while answered, were not productive.

Any ideas? I know the Gen2's are the evil step-child of the 4Runner world, but I'm actually thinking about getting one.

My '92 had a pair of tracks on the roof with these worthless rails that I promptly took off, i made a better setup out of some 2x4s that were very useful. I also made a crib kinda thing to carry the biggest Action Packer they made (at the time), it rode up there all the way across the country and back, full of camping gear. But it wouldn't hold a RTT, no way. I had my headliner down a couple of times, there's not much structure up there.

I loved that truck, it served me really well.

I was in the same boat as you once. I made my own roof-rails to support a RTT. Maybe your not looking for diy job but there are very few (none that i could find acutally) bolt-on solutions for a 2nd gen 4runner.

Here's a link with pics: DIY roof rails - T4R.org

And they sure can hold a RTT for regular off-roading. Just don't go rock crawling with it :)

Hope i could help.

DSC01255.jpg

I was in the same boat as you once. I made my own roof-rails to support a RTT. Maybe your not looking for diy job but there are very few (none that i could find acutally) bolt-on solutions for a 2nd gen 4runner.

Here's a link with pics: DIY roof rails - T4R.org

And they sure can hold a RTT for regular off-roading. Just don't go rock crawling with it :)

Hope i could help.
I was hoping to not go the route of a one off custom. I'm still leaning toward the RhinoRack. They are located just north of me in Colorado, and if I get to the point of needing something I will drive up there and talk solutions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom