Gazelle T4 Tent Sale (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
was just on the Gazelle Tent site and saw that the T4 is on sale for $299!!!

Best piece of outdoor gear I’ve ever purchased.

Only have used mine 3 times but I am in love with it already!
only downside is the pack size.... had to get a cargo box for the roof to store it in when traveling!

Best piece of outdoor gear I’ve ever purchased.

Strong testament. Why if I might ask?

Have been thinking about one for 2 adults and 2 kids, mostly because the wife has no patience for things that are 'fiddly' like normal tents, liquid fuel stoves/lanterns, etc.

Strong testament. Why if I might ask?

Have been thinking about one for 2 adults and 2 kids, mostly because the wife has no patience for things that are 'fiddly' like normal tents, liquid fuel stoves/lanterns, etc.

I have had cheap tents from Dicks I have expensive tents from Big Agnus. I have a big Coleman tent that stays up at the cabin.

This tent is the one I look forward to using. It big it is simple to put up and take down and it is completely comfortable to be in.
I fit a queen size inflatable mattress in it with room to still move about and stand straight up.
It has great ventilation. It has been bone dry in down pours.

Is it something to take into the back woods on a hike no.
It is perfect for glamping though. 2 adults in the queen bed is perfect... Oh and maybe a dog as well lol

I’ve been camping my whole life and never really enjoyed it, especially if we aren’t camping to do something cool. The worst parts of camping are being uncomfortable and having a ton of stuff to pack and unpack. The tent used to be the worst of it, but the gazelle is so much easier I’m probably setup in under a minute with no poles to fuss with. It’s also heavier duty than any Coleman type of tent. I’ve never had a problem with leaking or condensation. While still too short for me, it has more headroom than your average tent.

The tent + the comfort of the exped is a game changer for me. I’ve done 5 nights in a row and last years fall crawl was the first Sunday that I woke up without any aches or pains from a crappy camping mattress.

The best part of the gazelle is it really isn’t expensive. It’s long packed up but easily fits in the 100 series.

Gazelle just sent this email out. Not sure if it’s addition to the list price already posted above.

IMG_1580.png

Thanks for the feedback. Just checked out some videos of these and the ease of use is tempting, but I think I'd need a 6 person (2 adults, 2 children, 2 dogs).

Thanks for the feedback. Just checked out some videos of these and the ease of use is tempting, but I think I'd need a 6 person (2 adults, 2 children, 2 dogs).
You'll want an 8 person. Coleman has an 8 person tent thats relatively easily to set up. No where near as quick as the gazelle but still faster than your regular stuff

You'll want an 8 person. Coleman has an 8 person tent thats relatively easily to set up. No where near as quick as the gazelle but still faster than your regular stuff

Check. Like the idea of the gazelle, but not convince the larger version is worth full price. Looking at coleman or eureka, which are close to the same price with discount. They're small dogs so might be able to swing a 6, or will just go with an 8.

Oldest (5) got his first camping experience a couple weeks ago and loved it, looking forward to getting back in to this stuff as the kids are able.

tempImageqBo3dL.png

Daaaaaayum! These got expensive. ONSC bought 2 pallets (48 total) back in 2020 at $188ea in a group buy. I think they were $239ea in stores back then. Other than all 48 arriving in green (which was known in advance), I haven't heard publicly of a single complaint about them...except that our larger gatherings look like a verdant field of confusion.

The only issue that I have is not an issue for most, and is only for part of the year: In my old Marmot 4-person dome, I hung a space blanket by magnets that ran along part of the ceiling and wall. My Buddy heater went below it to reflect back at the bed/bags. That allowed the heater to run on pilot and still keep us warm down into the 20's with 30-40*F degree bags. The low ceiling height was what allowed that. The Gazelle is too tall for that to work, even on LO. We like it warm, so while I still hang the space blanket in the Gazelle during the coldest of weather, I have to run a bulk tank or wake up every 2 hours to switch out 1lb bottles running on HI.*** Not a huge concern for most, but like @TTViper I really don't like camping due to the discomfort that my aging body and mind take increasing offense to.

***Does anybody else hate sleeping with a cold face while their body is warm under the blanket or bag? I do use a really tall winter cap that I can pull down over my eyes, but every part about the cold sucks *-radio edit-* to me. Sarah is like our dog - fine with sleeping completely covered by blankets or masks...I just can't do it.

Check. Like the idea of the gazelle, but not convince the larger version is worth full price. Looking at coleman or eureka, which are close to the same price with discount. They're small dogs so might be able to swing a 6, or will just go with an 8.

Oldest (5) got his first camping experience a couple weeks ago and loved it, looking forward to getting back in to this stuff as the kids are able.

View attachment 3398567
the T4 Plus might be and idea... its basically a T4 tent with another T4 sized Screened pourch attached BUT the floor to ceiling screened windows have covers that will fully seal it off like another tent. It could make for a nice area to get out of weather with the family and at might it could be a "kids" room to sleep in

the T4 Plus might be and idea... its basically a T4 tent with another T4 sized Screened pourch attached BUT the floor to ceiling screened windows have covers that will fully seal it off like another tent. It could make for a nice area to get out of weather with the family and at might it could be a "kids" room to sleep in
^^ that's what @landwagon has and it's nice!

nevermind. BTW looks like the 10% code applies to the base T4. So from $300 down to $270.

Last edited:
I've never had mine in overly strong winds but I do make sure to stake it out of caution more than I do my dome tents.. There are tie downs at every bottom corner and one on each side. I'd be mostly afraid of strong winds pushing in the collapse mechanism on the impact side but those four eye bolts are the tent body tie down points. It definitely shakes a lot more in wind that the dome tent just easily sheds, but that's to be expected from a barn versus a low mound. Keep in mind that this same design of tent is sold without the floor as ice fishing shelters in places where that is popular. Those guys often deal with a trifecta of misery - wind, cold, snow.

After having a good rain and wind mix one day while away from the tent, with the windows fully unzipped, I came back to a wet interior on one side. Now I only leave the upper corner potions of the windows unzipped while I'm away, and the doors are always fully closed while away. There's no substitute for a full coverage rainfly in that regard but camping is full of trade offs. I try to only enter/exit from one door just to keep it dryer and cleaner inside in the event of rain or mud, probably like most of us do anyway.

I don’t stake the tent down and I’ve never had a problem. There’s been some pretty decent wind and the sides haven’t collapsed. I love how you can zip the windows at the same angle as the rain fly and maintain a lot of ventilation. I’ve never had rain come in from keeping the windows open that way. The first time you’re in one messing with the zippers it will make sense how they intended it to be.

I love how you can zip the windows at the same angle as the rain fly and maintain a lot of ventilation...The first time you’re in one messing with the zippers it will make sense how they intended it to be.
Correct. I couldn't think of how to say that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom