Gas Tank ID help please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

under_psi

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.lousfullserv.com
I have a V8 swapped 40 I've been working on for the last few months.

It's got a rear fuel tank. 2 all-thread studs mount it to the rear floor panel.

It has a supply nipple on lower corner, and 3 other nipples at the top. 2 close to one another. And the 3rd closer to front of tank. See pix.

No matter what I do, it pukes gas. I can plug them all but I feel like I'm getting some vapor lock due to pressure in the tank. I have an oem filler neck and a hose that connects to the filler.

I feel like all 3 of them are siphon bungs. Need to know what it is, and maybe I can get to the bottom of it.

If I leave one open or all , it pukes out gas even just sitting.

IMG_7071.PNG
IMG_7088.JPG
IMG_7090.JPG

That appears to be the 22 gallon tank Man A Fre use to sell, somewhat poo poo because it hangs so far down below the frame at the rear wall, very poor departure angle. Worst problem is it uses two long bolts to mount through the rear floor pan, and the two tubes welded into the tank (that the bolts pass through) eventually crack at the welds due to the weight, then you've got a leaker- - -hope it doesn't happen out on the trail, a zillion miles in the boonies. Better choice in my rear nylon tank- - -no welds, angled for much better rear departure angle, lab tested stronger than a steel tank, mounts to frame with steel straps or my righteous aluminum skid plate.
s-l64.jpg
s-l64-1.jpg

s-l64-3.jpg

s-l64-4.jpg

got any pix that are bigger? you can email if you want...

do you know if the 3 nipples on there are all siphon? because they all sure purge....

was wondering what people did to vent....

also, does yours have provisions for a vent or otherwise? id like more info.

thank you.

When I read the OP, I thought to myself, "I bet Jim Downey would know the details about this tank". Way to go, Jim!

Another mud member told me how to make my photos larger on my mud post, but seem since I use Mac I can't do it????? If you send me your email address I can send bitchin photos. There should be three hose fittings on the tank you have right now, all located near the filler tube. The one closest to the filler tube should be the fuel pick up fitting (with an internal tube that goes down to the bottom of the tank). The other two are merely return or smog lines (could be plugged ?????) I'm shocked if your tank does not have a vent provision, mine vents up to the filler neck, send email address for photos of mine- - -or better/quicker yet, check out my ebay photos: ebay #252797662512, #262749910432, #262573391170. NOTE: Mud members do not have to buy from me on ebay, plus you get another 10% off since I don't have to give it to ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom