Gas can holder

Does anyone make a gas can holder for steel gas cans with rounded bottoms :confused:. My rig has an old Con-Fer can holder, but the holder has a thin raised ridge on the bottom probably for those older cans that have a thin ridge that runs along the bottom of those cans.

Josie'sLandCruiser

Stop calling it a "FJ."
Hi all:

Should be pretty easy to weld-up a "Jerry can" holder from 1/4 inch "angle iron" mild steel.

Seems a good excuse to buy a MIG welder! :D

Regards,

Alan

Actually Josielandcruiser thats a good idea.....unfortuantly if you knew CRWLRX like I do, you wouldn't want him anywhere NEAR a welder!!!. Heck I wouldn't even let him get close to a solder gun...:D

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
I have seen a few interesting can holder setups lately, including a really sharp one on a6016's tow rig. Maybe he'll post a pic or two. Much more usable for today's fuel and water cans.

The ConFerr can holder was a cool product in it's day, but I think it's time 'in the sun' has gone.:frown:

Best

Mark A.

pappy

photosynthesizing
I bought a partial can kit from Luke at 4x4labs. This is the double. He also has a single can. While his kit is for the 80-series bumper he sells, I modified it for the 40 bumper I'm building.

attachment.php

Thanks for the ideas. I'm actually having Georg (orangefj45) do some work on my rig ( SO and SM465) and will ask him about welding a bracket to the confer or just making a whole new carrier.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom