Gamiviti 200 series products & solutions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Powder coating was definitely the way to go, though it is a bit of a fingerprint magnet now. Unfortunately my YakAttack track won’t be here until Thursday so this will sit on the shelf until the end of the week

View attachment 2918372

View attachment 2918373
@HSTexan how much did the powder coat set you back? After seeing the coated vs. uncoated photos, I think the powder coated look is much more finished and a better match to the 200’s interior. Thanks for sharing your photos.

I have another little product in production now also, totally different from these guys but will have them in stock in about 2 weeks so will just post up the finished deal once they're in. Another accessory mount, but for the other side of the vehicle... ;)
@nakman it’s been two weeks - interested to see what you have in the works 🤔

@HSTexan how much did the powder coat set you back? After seeing the coated vs. uncoated photos, I think the powder coated look is much more finished and a better match to the 200’s interior. Thanks for sharing your photos.

They charged me $25 for it--I just found a highly reviewed powder coat place near me so I didn't shop around quotes or anything to find the lowest price

On your site it looks like there is a more wedge shaped one - like a gauge/switch panel- Does this exist, or is that custom
Yeah, I started designing 2 versions but decided to just focus on the lower one for all models. I do have a few of those raised versions for the 2016-2022 Land Cruiser though, was thinking once I got through most the R&D stuff here that I'd start a for sale thread for those. If you want one though feel free to hit me up through a PM.

And I've got the next revision 2008-2015 in hand, I will try to get some install pics later tonight or tomorrow... I don't love it yet, already made changes and have 2 more on order, which should arrive at the end of next week.

@yonah yeah my little suprise gizmo is also delayed, go figure... he told me this morning it would be next week now.

@HSTexan good deal. $25 seems reasonable. Any issues with the powder coat cracking/chipping around the mounting tabs?

I didn't notice any and I actually even had to take it off and put it back on a second time because the bolts I got to hold on the YakAttack track were too long the first time. That area is completely hidden though and I haven't noticed any imperfections anywhere visible either.

Yeah, I started designing 2 versions but decided to just focus on the lower one for all models. I do have a few of those raised versions for the 2016-2022 Land Cruiser though, was thinking once I got through most the R&D stuff here that I'd start a for sale thread for those. If you want one though feel free to hit me up through a PM.

And I've got the next revision 2008-2015 in hand, I will try to get some install pics later tonight or tomorrow... I don't love it yet, already made changes and have 2 more on order, which should arrive at the end of next week.

@yonah yeah my little suprise gizmo is also delayed, go figure... he told me this morning it would be next week now.
I would be very interested if you’d let a raised one go. Feel free to PM

So here are some pictures of the 2008-2015 version...
Gamiviti_speakeraccy1.jpg

Gamiviti_speakeraccy3.jpg

Gamiviti_speakeraccy4.jpg

One difference here is just how curved the piece is, compared to the others. The result is it sits up pretty tall in front- my next version will have a slope there, so it hopefully makes it look a little less severe. Also depending on where you are on the piece there's not enough clearance for a nut to attach accessories, I ran into this problem on the rear USB charger. Not a big deal, as you can easily drill through the plastic stock part and just put the nut on the inside, and in so doing it just helps hold the 2 parts together, but just a new trick here that didn't come up on the other styles.

I also don't love the crack in front, so am trying a new approach to that with the new piece with the angle, basically some flaps that fold backwards which will put the crack back about 1" on the sides. I am hopeful that looks better. But hey at any rate we're making progress here, I hope to have a couple new ones by the end of next week.

@nakman I am interested in the wedge shaped insert for the 2016+ LCs. I really want to take a peek at it as I'm thinking it might be more along the lines of what I need. But a gander would be needed.

I'm also wondering if a small L bracket could be made that would be used as a place to hang hand mics for my radios. One L bracket per side. I was thinking the L brackets would have the same RAM mount hole pattern as a type B ball diamond and then one could use screws and nuts to attach the bracket to the main base and the ball on top of the bracket.

Thanks!!

@nakman I am interested in the wedge shaped insert for the 2016+ LCs. I really want to take a peek at it as I'm thinking it might be more along the lines of what I need. But a gander would be needed.

I'm also wondering if a small L bracket could be made that would be used as a place to hang hand mics for my radios. One L bracket per side. I was thinking the L brackets would have the same RAM mount hole pattern as a type B ball diamond and then one could use screws and nuts to attach the bracket to the main base and the ball on top of the bracket.

Thanks!!
Hey Jim hit me up if you want to run up here and just check out what I have.. the wedge shaped one does have holes in the side for a RAM mount also, and I've got one of those here you could see.

And here are some pics of the updated 2008-2015 LC version. I like the front angle a lot better, and moving that seam to the side rather than on the front corner.
Gamiviti_speakeraccy5.jpg

Gamiviti_speakeraccy6.jpg

Gamiviti_speakeraccy7.jpg

Gamiviti_speakeraccy8.jpg

Gamiviti_speakeraccy9.jpg

I think I can pull the front ramp a little further out, which would just barely touch the nav on the sides... but will also hide the part below it a little more. It's tough mating a straight line to a curved line here, so at some point it's gonna get as good as it's gonna get... but I know we can do a little better. what do you guys think? And if you preordered and want the other one I have of this to ship to you today, just post up and I'll make it happen. Somoene could also get the revision before this, posted above.

Do we have the latest updated 2016+ ready yet?

Finished product--I guess I had thought mine would have had the YakAttack mounting holes drilled already, but it did not. In hindsight I probably should have waited to drill the holes and then get it powder coated, but the holes are covered and you can't see the tiny bit of bare metal anyway. Verdict is this thing is absolutely awesome and the low profile version is exactly what I had hoped for. Got the RAM Quick Grip coming for easier one handed in and out for the phone on recommendation from a MUD user

5oQ7K7vh.jpg

2o7Tw7Vh.jpg

yERQ81Kh.jpg
Anyone know if the yak attack rail will work with 67 designs mounting balls vs the ram balls? When I started reading this thread I was on the fence and thought of a powder coated option came up I would buy a low profile version for my 2018 200. Of course I just kept reading and sure enough BAM here is a powder coated version ! I have about 6 projects right now but I am itching to order one of these to add to the list!

Anyone know if the yak attack rail will work with 67 designs mounting balls vs the ram balls? When I started reading this thread I was on the fence and thought of a powder coated option came up I would buy a low profile version for my 2018 200. Of course I just kept reading and sure enough BAM here is a powder coated version ! I have about 6 projects right now but I am itching to order one of these to add to the list!
I would say that if a 67 Designs track ball can slide into a RAM rail, then the answer would be yes.

I too am questioning the same compatibility. I really like 67 Designs minimalist approach. They also make a Toyota-specific A-pillar mount that looks like it would mate to the 200-series grab handle bolt.

I would say that if a 67 Designs track ball can slide into a RAM rail, then the answer would be yes.

I too am questioning the same compatibility. I really like 67 Designs minimalist approach. They also make a Toyota-specific A-pillar mount that looks like it would mate to the 200-series grab handle bolt.

I made my own which is very similar to how 67D did it, but I'll likely be moving to the Gamiviti solution once he releases the updated version for the 2016+ LC.

dH8W4YH.jpg

I made my own which is very similar to how 67D did it, but I'll likely be moving to the Gamiviti solution once he releases the updated version for the 2016+ LC.

dH8W4YH.jpg
Nice! I contacted 67 designs about their a Pilar mount. I think I will also wait for the gamitivi solution as I want to do an I pad mini for Gaia. I like how the power runs right to your mounts on the gamiviti.

Any updates on this?
the 2016+ batch is now a month late... last promise was they'd be delivered last week, but now that's been upgraded to "might ship this week..." :mad: likely the last time this shop does these. I have a different shop making the 2008-15 versions which should arrive by Friday, these guys are much more on it so I actually believe that will happen... appreciate everyone's patience here!

In other news my other "new" part came in finally for the 200... I still need to build out a web page on this one but will go ahead and share some pics/get your feedback. It's a 3rd row seat latch accessory mount. Intended for use on any non-Heritage 200 Land Cruiser with the 3rd row seats removed and a drawer system added. You're using the latch in the wall, and the handle, to lock in/remove this little bracket onto which you can mount a variety of small accessories, like a first aid kit, flashlight, small case, fire extinguisher, etc. The idea is you put something on there you might want access to in a hurry, as all you need to do is pull the relesase lever and it pops out.

I've had a prototype of this installed for the past couple months, so far so good. Here are the pics of the first production version:

Gamiviti_3rdrow_accy3.jpg

Gamiviti_3rdrow_accy2.jpg

Gamiviti_3rdrow_accy1.jpg

Gamiviti_3rdrow_accy4.jpg

Gamiviti_3rdrow_accy5.jpg

I put a hole pattern in it for the Quickfist Ratchet clamp, which I really like using for fire extinguishers, also some slots you can weave webbing through, I will tweak those a little on the next batch to provide more options. You can also do normal Quickfist clamps easily, or whatever else you have in mind, if you can drill a hole you should be able to be successful here. On my rig I'm running both a first aid kit & fire extinguisher on the left, and I'm going to mount a "bathroom bag" to the one on the right, which is more tucked behind the fridge. Anyone want to try one? I'll send one to the first person who meets all of the qualifications; 1. you actually read this entire post, and 2. you have a Land Cruiser with 3rd row seats & a drawer system & want to try this out, and 3. you post up the words "yeah I'll try one thanks!" :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom