FZJ80 Frame Rail Dimension Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Will Van

GOLD Star
Threads
What is the exact dimension from inside-face-of-frame-rail to inside-face-of-frame-rail on the front of an FZJ80?

Frame-Rail.jpg

TIA!

What is the exact dimension from inside-face-of-frame-rail to inside-face-of-frame-rail on the front of an FZJ80?

Frame-Rail.jpg

TIA!
I can only give you the dimension I measure on mine. There isn't an "actual" dimension (meaning one that is recorded on a drawing somewhere and closely held from frame to frame during manufacture), because these frames are bent steel and riveted together, so there were manufacturing tolerances. The reason the frame drawings only show the mounting hole to hole dimensions is that those are the dimensions that really matter. When the frames were assembled in the weld shop, the bent frames were placed in a clamping fixture and the mounting brackets were welded in place, using locating fixtures to correctly place them were they were needed, with very little variation from frame to frame.

Nothing is sandwiched between the front frame horns.

Having said that, my 1994 measures 25.5 inches.

I can only give you the dimension I measure on mine. There isn't an "actual" dimension (meaning one that is recorded on a drawing somewhere and closely held from frame to frame during manufacture), because these frames are bent steel and riveted together, so there were manufacturing tolerances. The reason the frame drawings only show the mounting hole to hole dimensions is that those are the dimensions that really matter. When the frames were assembled in the weld shop, the bent frames were placed in a clamping fixture and the mounting brackets were welded in place, using locating fixtures to correctly place them were they were needed, with very little variation from frame to frame.

Nothing is sandwiched between the front frame horns.

Having said that, my 1994 measures 25.5 inches.
Thank you!

de Nada

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom