FZJ80 Custom Rear Tire Carrier (picks) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I get several IM's to send measurements of the tire carrier for my old 80 and figured i should just post them up within this posting. NOTE: I did NOT come up with this design. I just took measurements off of Mr. Garrett's build he had done many moons ago to build mine. The pictures you see below are of that tire carrier, not mine. The measurements are however from my tire carrier so dont get confused if your not already.. ha..

Always happy to answer any questions anyone might have.

Best,

Zane
tire carrier #1.JPG
tire carrier #2.JPG
tire carrier #3.JPG

FJ80 Factory Bumper Swing out tire carrier

Zane,
Loved this thread! Know it's been a while since you posted but would you ( or anyone else out there) still have the measurements/specs for this swing out tire carrier? I am in the metal business and have access to fabricator. Any help here is GREATLY appreciated.
Take care

I love how this thread keeps coming alive... a true testiment to the quality of Zane's work.

I love how this thread keeps coming alive... a true testiment to the quality of Zane's work.

Oh i'm not so sure about that, but thanks... :rolleyes:

Hello, like your tire carrier. I have an fj80 myself and I looking for a great tire carrier. is any possible way that you can sell email me or sell me the specifications and size to build my own?

Thank you

Alejandrogp@att.net

Hes in vegas right now should be back mon

Great carrier

Really impressive. Nice to use existing bumper. ARB is about $1,800. Great pics and notes.

Cristo, Mr. Garrett or Zane,
How large of a tire will that handle, both weight and size? I think Mr. Garrett is running 315 and or 35's, correct?

no, sorry, I am not.. Just dont have the time.
Awesome build. I sent you a pm. If there is any other info missing can you send it? :)

sub'd! I really like this even if the thread is old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom