fxxx. My dog died. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sorry to hear it.

been through it too, but with a cat. have another cat that looks like we might be forced to put down soon as she has kidney disease...sux.

My heart breaks for you. I have an old girl (14 yrs) and dread the day. My younger male is my avatar. Pure, unconditional love. You were lucky to have had such a great friend. Time heals.

I feel your pain sorry to hear that. I lost my Golden (Floyd) about 4 years ago. Right before I got married. There is not a day that has not gone by in the past 4 years that I have not thought about him. I would decribe like losing a son or daughter. I have another golden (jessie) but she will never take his place.

When one passes you swear you will never again go through the experience of their death. However after a few months of morning you long for the frienship which you grew so attached. That's why you get another friend. Never, ever is their such a bond. Thier love is worth the eventual outcome.

:frown:

-B-

extremelly similar experience only 4 years ago and I'm still not over it.

very sorry for your loss.

What an incredibly handsome puppy! Hang in there. It sounds like you gave him a really good life and he was loved by all that were ever around him. In the end, you can't ask for more than that. I hope the sadness ends soon and you can celebrate the time that you had together. Take it easy.

Thanks for all the replies guys, it's good to know that we aren't the only ones that think (thought) of our pet as a kid.

We originally thought we would wait awhile to get another, but found our selves missing the companionship badly. So, we've started looking around at the Aussie Rescue sites. It just seems like the right thing to do to give a second chance to a dog that was found or given up on by someone else.

Today I go and pick our buddy up. We had him cremated, and found a beautiful walnut box to keep his ashes in. It'll be nice to have him home again.

My father told me last night "When I go, mix some of his ashes in with mine, I'd like to have him by my side for whatever comes after."

Loved it.

Sorry for your loss! That was a beautiful dog.
I lost my best friend last May and know how devastating it can be. I still run into people on the street who ask where Nietzsche (the dog in my avatar) is.
Your dad's quotation is wonderful.
Good luck with your search for a new friend.
:beer:

i'm sorry to hear about your friend

i'm preparing to go through the same thing with my 12 yr old malamute

:frown:

Aussie Shepherds are the kewlest. I miss mine (Gretel, died of renal failure from Addison's disease at age 8)...

Just came across this. I'm so sorry.

I have my first dog ever and can only imagine the hurt.

Hang in there.

Sorry to hear this, especially after losing my 13 year old sheltie Denver 4 weeks ago...I still can't spend any time thinking about it...it gets a little better each day to deal with it...time does heal. Remember that all dogs go to heaven.

A year ago I lost my other dog, a 10 year old Aussie, Mica....very sad....but dogs are the greatest gift ever created.
babydogs_smaller.jpg

I feel your pain, i still come home expecting to be greeted by my dog and it's been months. Sorry for your loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom