Fuel door cushion and other clips (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

steffan

SILVER Star
Threads
i know this has been covered elswhere but i figured i'd post it more directly to facilitate future searches.
the fuel door isn't big thing but none the less, nagged at me every time i filled up.

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

for a '92 it's in pretty good condition but the arizona heat has killed just about everything made out of plastic. the hood prop rod clip and the washer hose clips might as well have been made of powdered sugar. again, not something that is vital but for a few bucks it makes it seem like a much nicer vehicle

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

Ya know. Sometimes it's the little stuff. Mind if I open this up to other folks? I think I even have something to contribute.

exactly! please, whatever you think would be better to serve the forum. i know when i was searching the web for part numbers there was a lot of miscommunication, old data and options for work-arounds. i was happy to find the correct part from the dealer for only a little more than some hardware item that could be rigged to work. thanks

I think we're lucky enough to have those parts around because Toyota kept stuff around for so long and used it across so many vehicles. I've bought the same pieces for mini-truck, Tacoma, FJ62.....

I replaced all those parts, plus a lot more. Stuff like all the clamps on the brake/fuel lines on the frame (some are NLA). The grommet on the hood release cable where it goes through the firewall. The plastic inserts all over for the various sheet metal screws, like the kick panels, taillights, speakers in the rear of the cab, etc. The rubber plugs in the floor and back of the cab. The headlight adjusters. The sticker on the PS reservoir. The anti-rattle things for the tailgate straps. And on and on...

Fortunately I had Sam Stewart at the time, he was tenacious about finding these things.

i was looking for the grommet on the hood release cable! my parts guy said it was part of the wiring harness and would have to be purchased as the harness with is no longer available

i was looking for the grommet on the hood release cable! my parts guy said it was part of the wiring harness and would have to be purchased as the harness with is no longer available

He is incorrect.

Part number 90480-15001 GROMMET (FOR HOOD LOCK CONTROL CABLE)

Bad news is that McGeorge Toyota shows it Discontinued. :(

I
He is incorrect.

Part number 90480-15001 GROMMET (FOR HOOD LOCK CONTROL CABLE)

Bad news is that McGeorge Toyota shows it Discontinued. :(
I would still check ... depending on the quality of your parts guys. They do have a way to search inventory.

Absolutely. Sometimes it all comes down to how hard your parts person wants to look, especially for a $2 part. Maybe with the proper part number they might be able to come up with something, or a superseded part that is similar.

here's a question for you guys: is this the same grommet you are talking about? being new to the pickup scene, i'm not sure everything on this truck is correct. so far, while baselining i've found a lot of little things that had been 'serviced' but they managed to screw it up a little. one example is the upper radiator hose had been replaced which is good but they put it on backwards, so it was rubbing and a little kinked. when i look at the hood release cable it seems like it could be routed correctly but at the same time, it seems a little off. please let me know

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

the grommet is also sharing a wire which leads to the brake master cylinder

What year is your truck? That doesn't look like a grommet that is available separately. Can't tell if the wires are factory.

1992 22re... definitely a factory wire. When we tried to look it up they said it was part of the harness but difficult to tell for sure because the diagram was so poor. The hood cable just doesn’t seem like it fits properly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom