Frozen high watermark trail 2022 (1 Viewer)

What weekend in Feb?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rooms booked.

Booked as well.

What time roughly will your guys roll out of the hotel Friday am? Trying to figure out if I want to meet there or in st joe.

Same time/ distance from me.

Booked as well

What time roughly will your guys roll out of the hotel Friday am? Trying to figure out if I want to meet there or in st joe.

Same time/ distance from me.
best guess 8:30-9

Is Jake (not from State Farm) going to be there this time?

Safe travels guys.
Water has come up almost a foot at st joe this morning with today’s rain.
What is the safe level for crossing it I see it's now at approximately 6 on the gauge

What is the safe level for crossing it I see it's now at approximately 6 on the gauge

Earlier in the thread it was mentioned that it was 6.8 last trip and was ok.

I’ve heard conflicting levels personally though, been told not to cross it if st joe shows over 5.0. Which I believe the earlier linked level shows a different level than the normal Buffalo river gauge I use.

Doing research now

Just checked water level again. Both show about the same level. (I guess I read it wrong the first time)

Currently at 6.2’ Which is 1.9’ higher than it was this time yesterday.

I’ve not crossed this before so hopefully someone can shed some light.

Edit : I confirmed it’s less than ideal to cross the Buffalo at woolum with st joe water level showing over 5.5’

Last edited:
There are 2 crossings at woolum. Lower and upper. The river changes every year but Im very comfortable in a lifted 80 crossing the lower one at 4.5 feet on the st joe gauge. I have had years that 4.5 put water across my hood and rolled up on my windshield for a second because of trenches or deep channels that formed that year. Last year on the upper crossing with the gauge showing just a shade over 5 feet i watched a couple lifted rovers get very light in the rear end and almost wash down stream. A couple decent rocks held them long enough to keep going.

Bottom line for me is 4.5 is my safe zone and 5 feet is going to take some looking and talking to be the first truck.

But thats just my experience.

I would be happy to check it again when you get close and post height if you want.

On a second note,

The next crossing at Richland creek is safe at 2.5 feet and this morning was at about 1.7 feet but jumped to 5.3 feet and has since dropped to 4.5 feet so its currently no crossable if you made the first crossing

Woolum at 7.5 feet this morning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom