front seat swap? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TexFJ

SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone try a simple temp fix for the seat cushion crush, swapping left and right seat cushions? I would think that it would hold the foam replacement off for sometime.

Could the rails be only swapped from seat bottom or would I have to do the invasive seat cushion install?

FJ60/62 seats are about as interchangeable as any seats ever made. Even the 'seat cushion swap' isn't very invasive. A handful of hog rings and pliers, and you are on your way.

In 60/62s, this should be done every 30K miles ;)

Sometimes I feel like the seats aren't completely level. Hope it's the foam.

In 60/62s, this should be done every 30K miles ;)

Sometimes I feel like the seats aren't completely level. Hope it's the foam.
Or go to a good doctor and make sure that everything is in alignment "down there". :)

Course, OME doesn't make spring packs for our buttocks.....yet.

Glenn in Marana

Made an appointment with the doctor but first I went ahead and started to take things apart ( on the Land Cruiser ;) )

I was hoping to keep the cover, foam, and springs together for the swap however I wasn't so lucky. As @YooperCruiser mentioned, the reclining lever mechanism is attached to the seat frame. So I went ahead and switched the foams. Tried to add extra foam in the needed area, hopefully it stays in place and doesn't create an annoying bump.

You could also take a look at the seat back frame. It's very common for them to split at the bottom, making the seat back twisted. Here's a picture of mine right after I had it welded. I had 2 trucks for a bit as I'm doing a drivetrain swap, and both drivers seat backs were the same.

IMG_20190316_112430.jpg

IMG_20190316_131549.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom