Front E-locker will not engage question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello all,

My front e-locker will not engage. I use them regularly and both axles have always quickly locked and unlocked. A week ago when I turned the lockers off the front would not unlock. I turned off the center diff lock and drove in circles forward and backward until it finally unlocked. Now I just get the blinking light. I have spun the tires in the wet field and mud but nothing. Any suggestions?..

Thanks

I hear nothing in relation to the front locker. Everything is still connected from my inspection. But, there is no sound like in my rear or center diff they just a click lock and a click unlock.

Last edited:
I do get a click from the passenger side kick panel.

Check for a signal to the locker itself. My PO had an issue where the wiring for the front locker got too close to the exhaust and melted.

This will tell you if the problem is in the locker itself, or in the signal to the locker.

Check for a signal to the locker itself. My PO had an issue where the wiring for the front locker got too close to the exhaust and melted.

This will tell you if the problem is in the locker itself, or in the signal to the locker.

On the plus side, the front elocker harness is still available from toyota. @beno got me one last year. I rerouted mine away from the exhaust manifold.

I'm not getting 12v down at the Locke or at the first connection under the antenna plugs. What's next to check? Ecu and switch? Is there anything else?

Thanks

If I get a click in the passenger side kick plate from the control module is that a guarantee that the switch and module are good?

Not sure its a guarantee, but i believe its an indicator.

I would grab the ewd and start tracing wires.

I thought I'd add that I am getting a little voyage to the locker. It's saying .02 on my meter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom